• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

2023 Ladder Awards!
01-01-2024, 03:27 AM,
News  2023 Ladder Awards!
Its that time of year to recognise our ladder leaders from 2023, there are two medals to be awarded, firstly for the highest points total on the ladder in the last year and secondly for the ELO champion.*

[Image: Top%20Score%202023.jpg]
devoncop is the top scorer for 2023 with 1612 points almost double the score of the next player! Congratulations to him!

[Image: 2023%20Ladder%20champ..jpg]

[Image: ELO%202023.jpg]
Top ELO award was won by Steel God one of our founding members returning to the club after a long break, well done!

[Image: 2023%20ELO%20champ.jpg]
Well Done to everyone who posted a game result in 2023, I hope you all had fun!  [Image: wink.gif]

*Anyone wondering how the ELO score is calculated see this post [u]https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=63869[/u] 
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2024, 04:08 AM,
RE: 2023 Ladder Awards!
Thank you.  I think I nicked that ELO award from Devoncop by reporting a game against him in the past week or so (he’s a helluva player and a damned fine opponent by the way).  That wasn’t a plan just one of those little “stories within the story” that Ian and I talked about when discussing our campaign battle, albeit in different context.

Congratulations to Ian for top score, and thanks to all my opponents who found time to play in 2023.
01-02-2024, 01:40 AM,
Well done gents. Congrats to you both.

And good gaming to all in 2024.
[Image: exercise.png]
01-02-2024, 03:28 AM,
Thank you to Steel God for his comments and to The Blitz for my 🏅.

As someone who last came top in anything in about 1976 when I won a school cross country race (now called the "Avoiding Potholed Roads on the way to Tesco Challenge") I am truly humbled !

I only started playing PBEM's in Panzer Campaigns WW1 and 2 this year having considered myself too much of a neanderthal to work out how to send and receive turns and it has been a revelation. I am having so much fun...win, lose, draw (or in the case of my game against Steel God get absolutely destroyed 😂)..

I now have about half a dozen PBEM's on the go at any time and am gravitating towards big Campaigns. I have been so lucky to have come up against lots of committed and friendly opponents and I send my best wishes to all of you.

Onwards to 2024 !

Happy New Year to All.

Ian
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
01-02-2024, 03:50 AM,
There is a huge range of abilities within the playing community we have here, Paul is up there with the best players I have had the pleasure to battle against over the years and I still have the bruises to show for it!  Wink 

Glad you are having fun here as that is what the club exists for, so many people have experienced the pleasure of getting to know great guys from all over the world through PBEM games, may that long continue...... Big Grin
01-02-2024, 03:59 AM,
Thank you for your efforts with this site I have learnt so much from it and met great folk through it.

As for Paul....frighteningly good.

My Entente forces from "Home Before the Leaves Fall" still have nightmares😁
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
01-02-2024, 04:31 AM,
What you grow to realise is that guys of this calibre know the game system to its core, they understand how all the various features work and their play always maximises the advantages the system gives their forces should that be command, fatigue, artillery, replacements, airpower etc...........

I remember playing against Paul and I did not appreciate the difference between "hard" and "soft" halftrack infantry, I only had infantry units to the front as I pursued his retreating forces, his HT unit kept going into T mode to move back after holding up my forces and I never got a shot at it (normally a shot at a unit in T mode would be very damaging) and I was getting very frustrated at which point he explained that the HT unit was a "Hard" target and hence my infantry units with only soft attack values could not fire at it even in T mode!

So by playing guys like this you really do learn all the wrinkles in the game system......... Whistle
01-02-2024, 05:04 AM,
Interesting.

I am just about to start the short Op Typhoon scenario Alt version by Volcano man in a pbem and the notes in the game file show that very issue of half tracks and their resilience has very much been addressed 😉