• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Questions on early Combat Mission games
08-26-2023, 12:08 AM,
Questions on early Combat Mission games
Are the early Combat Mission games easier to learn than the newer ones? I tried one of the demos a few years ago with one of the newer titles. The game is amazing looking and I'd love to play it, but it was very difficult to learn.

I was wondering if the earlier iterations would be slightly less daunting than the newer titles?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2023, 12:26 PM,
RE: Questions on early Combat Mission games
(08-26-2023, 12:08 AM)acctingman1969 Wrote: Are the early Combat Mission games easier to learn than the newer ones? I tried one of the demos a few years ago with one of the newer titles. The game is amazing looking and I'd love to play it, but it was very difficult to learn.

I was wondering if the earlier iterations would be slightly less daunting than the newer titles?

Thanks

I've been playing the whole series since 2000 and I can say that the earlier games were probably a little easier to get into.  It took me a while to get into the new ones but I;m glad that I did.   I would try the older games.  You should be able to find them for a good price.  I'd recommend getting them from GOG.com.  Good prices and they are all patched up.
Quote this message in a reply