• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

BETA Release: A Campaign Game for AotR
07-25-2023, 06:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2023, 10:38 PM by Embis.)
BETA Release: A Campaign Game for AotR
Attached is a new Campaign game for Advance of the Reich
The attached file is compliant with JSGME, or you can unzip the files directly into your game directory.

Please note this is a Beta release and as such is subject to revision.

Two documents are included which will appear in the Notes folder of AotR. Those documents are:
  • BehindTheLinesReadMe.pdf  - A readme for the campaign
  • SB Manual Supplement.pdf - a supplement to the manual
The Manual supplement provides previously unreleased documentation relating to:
  • Civilians
  • Demolition Charges
  • Collateral Damage hexes
Civilians, Collateral damage hexes and Demolition charges have only ever been partially documented in the game manual and were recently added to AotR in the most recent update. These features are used extensively in this campaign and the manual supplement attached gives a more complete description of them. It is advisable to read that before you start the campaign.

I have also added a feature of my own which is a bit of an experiment and which I have called "unreliable reinforcements". I wanted some reinforcements to either arrive, or not to arrive, on a specific turn and the current percentage chance of reinforcement arrivals couldn't do that for me. If there's a neater way of doing this, or if people just think it doesn't work, the scenarios can be reworked and the feature removed. I have used this feature to make the scenarios more replayable. Sometimes a bunker will be held by a squad of riflemen, at other times it might be held by a Setup HMG, sometimes it will be empty or it might be held by both. You will never know until you get there. Scenario scoring is made more complicated by this and the scoring scheme currently used in these scenarios is very rough and will be subject to revision in a future release. See the readme for detailed explanation.

The scenarios aren't balanced they aren't intended to be. Sometimes a scenario will be a walk over and sometimes it will be almost impossible but hopefully it will always be fun.

The scenario's protagonist is a Soviet Captain called Simerov who, in the early weeks of Barbarossa, finds his company over-run and surrounded by the Germans.

The campaign has five scenarios, additional scenarios may be added in future, depending on how popular it proves to be. I am viewing this as chapter 1 of "Behind The Lines"

Only playable as Human Soviet V AI German

I look forward to receiving some feedback.

Attached Files
.zip   Behind the lines.zip (Size: 2.09 MB / Downloads: 3)
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply