• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WDS Naval Campaigns Demo
07-15-2023, 03:11 AM,
WDS Naval Campaigns Demo
[Image: SPAW_Banner.png]

Wargame Design Studio brings you more content today with the release of the demo for the Naval Campaigns series - Spanish-American War. You can read more about it and grab your free copy in todays blog post:

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/naval-campaigns-demo
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2023, 11:30 PM,
RE: WDS Naval Campaigns Demo
So, has anybody DLed this demo and gave it a run?

It is not a mere shell of a game, but a meticulously researched and detailed simulation of all the Naval aspects of this fascinating conflict. A strikingly interesting period as it was the transition of what could be argued as American Civil War era ships and the dreadnoughts and cruisers that would be so prominent to the naval scene of World Wars 1 and 2.

This 'demo' is a true stand-alone gem. You or I would have made it into a for-sale game and just given a few of the scenarios as teasers for the demo, but not WDS. This is a full-up game available at no cost to the player.

Enjoy and give accolades to the designer!

Steve J
09-18-2023, 12:16 PM,
(09-17-2023, 11:30 PM)Stejones82 Wrote: So, has anybody DLed this demo and gave it a run? 

It is not a mere shell of a game, but a meticulously researched and detailed simulation of all the Naval aspects of this fascinating conflict. A strikingly interesting period as it was the transition of what could be argued as American Civil War era ships and the dreadnoughts and cruisers that would be so prominent to the naval scene of World Wars 1 and 2.

This 'demo' is a true stand-alone gem.  You or I would have made it into a for-sale game and just given a few of the scenarios as teasers for the demo, but not WDS.  This is a full-up game available at no cost to the player.

Enjoy and give accolades to the designer!

Steve J

It's a terrific game! A great intro to the Naval Campaigns series, too, since you have so few ships to worry about. I tried this one out and then bought Jutland.

I will say, it underscores how bad gunnery was during that period in naval warfare. Primary armaments are basically useless except at point-blank range, and even then it takes a frustrating number of shots to score any hits. Those were kind of the awkward teenage years of battleship design...
10-31-2023, 05:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2023, 05:19 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
(07-15-2023, 03:11 AM)rahamy Wrote: [Image: SPAW_Banner.png]

Wargame Design Studio brings you more content today with the release of the demo for the Naval Campaigns series - Spanish-American War. You can read more about it and grab your free copy in todays blog post:

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/naval-campaigns-demo
Highly recommended. Very good AI. Lots of action!