• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France 40 Nato and Graphical Symbols Combined
07-08-2023, 01:03 PM,
France 40 Nato and Graphical Symbols Combined
I have made a 2D Magnified view only Mod.
Might add some more to it but I think it is worth a look as is.

Basically in 2D Magnified View (key 3) I have made Infantry,Engineers and Heavy Infantry use Nato Counters in Graphical Icon View. All the other Units ,like Trucks ,Anti tank Guns ,AFVs are still the Siljouette view.

Sorta reminds me of the old Avalon Hill Panzer Leader Games ,where the AFVs are Silhouettes and Infantry is Nato rectangles.

[Image: Screenshot%20%281721%29.png]

[Image: Screenshot%20%281722%29.png]

Attached Files
.zip   FRANCE 40 nato and graphic.zip (Size: 116.28 KB / Downloads: 1)
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2023, 01:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2023, 01:06 PM by Sean.)
RE: France 40 Nato and Graphical Symbols Combined
It has a clean uncluttered look.

The map I have pictured is very chaotic ,I only just bought the game a few days ago.

I think my small graphic Mod (only 1 picture by the way) makes the scene a bit easier to manage visually.
07-08-2023, 01:08 PM,
I also think combining this with some other Mods that change more stuff like Unit Boxes and Unit Counters ,perhaps Map Components as well will give an even better view.

For my screens I have ONLY used my mod ,so as not to detract from its effect.
07-08-2023, 01:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2023, 01:13 PM by Sean.)
As a side note,

When the Infantry ,that are represented by Nato Counters get into Transport Mode -
then they are represented by their Trucks ,Horses ,Motorbikes as usual.
It only effects their Deployed (on foot ) view.

There are 2 types of Infantry I have not changed.
Only just started playing game ,so not 100% sure what they represent ,but I THINK i have left the Paratroops and Commandos/PanzerGrenadiers maybe as vanilla Silhouettes. This is cool though -their Silhouettes on the Map display will signify their special status to differentiate them from the stock Infantry varieties.
07-15-2023, 12:40 PM,
[Image: WInNSG9.png]

[Image: Cc41AHq.png]

These screens show me using a few more Mods as well-this is starting to look a lot different to normal now. I even modified the Ground Colour for the elevations 0m to 300m ,where I made the green colours go from a really light green to a dark green ,basically the reverse of normal colours which are dark to light, before moving to the yellows of elevations above 300m.
If someone is interested I could post my elevation colour change file as well?
12-02-2023, 11:49 PM,
This is great! why not change infantry nato symbol too