• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thread Closed / Oppenent Found
06-26-2023, 01:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2023, 10:18 AM by MisterMark.)
Opponent Wanted  Thread Closed / Oppenent Found
Have had and been playing Salerno 43 solo for about a year and a half.  I think I finally have my chops up enough to take on a human opponent but will definitely need some hand holding to get going and set up since this will be my first PBEM.

Open to suggestion on a scenario, but want to do one with at least 10 turns but not too long either.  Looking to play the allies.  Can commit to a couple of turns a week, possibly more if schedule allows.

-Mark
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2023, 06:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2023, 06:02 PM by devoncop.)
RE: Newbie Looking for Opponent - Salerno 43
Hi Mark

I just got Salerno 43 in the sale and happy to give you a game.

My email is devoncop at aol dot com

I am early retired so turnaround times are no problem.

Salerno 43 does not have a lot of medium sized well balanced scenarios however.

If 80 turns is not too long for you then scenario 43909-01A Highway to Naples looks to be both manageable and well balanced .....?

What do you think ?

If interested let me know with your email address and I will set it up using default rules and talk you through the way to return the turn to me if you are unsure.

All the best

Ian (Northumberland UK)
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
06-27-2023, 02:58 PM,
(06-26-2023, 06:01 PM)devoncop Wrote: Hi Mark

I just got Salerno 43 in the sale and happy to give you a game.

My email is devoncop at aol dot com

I am early retired so turnaround times are no problem.

Salerno 43 does not have a lot of medium sized well balanced scenarios however.

If 80 turns is not too long for you then scenario 43909-01A Highway to Naples looks to be both manageable and well balanced .....?

What do you think ?

If interested let me know with your email address and I will set it up using default rules and talk you through the way to return the turn to me if you are unsure.

All the best

Ian (Northumberland UK)
06-27-2023, 02:59 PM,
Ian I just sent you an email...  -Mark
06-27-2023, 06:12 PM,
First turn sent over to you Mark...

We are off !
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
06-28-2023, 03:13 AM,
Well done Mark for taking the PBEM plunge, it will be a tough learning curve at first but once you experience the benefits of playing a human opponent you will not look back........ Smile

Also its a great idea to start small so you don't get overwhelmed, as you gain in confidence you can play larger and larger scenarios.
06-29-2023, 10:17 AM,
(06-28-2023, 03:13 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Well done Mark for taking the PBEM plunge, it will be a tough learning curve at first but once you experience the benefits of playing a human opponent you will not look back........ Smile

Also its a great idea to start small so you don't get overwhelmed, as you gain in confidence you can play larger and larger scenarios.

Thanks... looking forward to this.   Game is underway!  -Mark