• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is there a way to link scenarios from site A to the Blitz?
06-23-2023, 11:52 PM,
Is there a way to link scenarios from site A to the Blitz?
The thread subject sort of says it all.

But is there a way to link scenarios played in other clubs or sites to the Blitz scenario database? Or do both players have to exist in both places?

For example I don't really report any games here, but do all my reporting of games at TWS. There is like a mini-game within the games, in that depending on the era your in you can join and Army and request a command, as you gain battle points and victory points you can get 'promoted' up in rank and when you have enough rank and VPs you can request to be transferred to a higher command for any of the eras in the WDS series. 

At any rate, it would be cool if both databases could be linked some how, so that a scenario played in one of the tournaments at the club for example. So in the upcoming Bulge 44 tournament (August) at TWS, there will be two scenarios to be played with both players that are matched up playing both sides, and at the last count there is 22 folks signed up to play in this tournament. So that is potentially 44 reported scenarios or 22 reports for each scenario.

Having those linked to the Blitz record here will give an even better w/l ratio.

There is a mini MC tourney going on right now and a Napoleonic ones starting in July. 

After just a year or two the win/loss numbers would give a great reflection on the many series and scenarios here at the Blitz (the TWS club offers a command in each era if your interested in playing in those eras, I myself am).

Thoughts?

Or am I just wishful thinking?
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2023, 12:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2023, 01:00 AM by Compass Rose.)
RE: Is there a way to link scenarios from site A to the Blitz?
If both you and your opponent are Blitz members (active or inactive) you sure can report your games on the Blitz, even if the game is part of another club's tournament, etc. 

We also strongly encourage all players to leave feedback as it has publicly been stated that WDS does go through the results and comments in an attempt to edit and/or correct any scenarios that may need it.

If your opponent is not a Blitz member, then reporting your games on the Blitz, is not possible.

Sorry, as that has been a basic requirement since day number one, back when the club was formed in 1999, well before my days....

If we allowed such a thing, one of the big drawbacks that I can easily foresee is that our end-of-the-year award honors wouldn't mean anything anymore...

If WDS created their own reported games database and did not offer any awards, and just used it as a knowledge database to help them improve their scenarios, your suggestion would work well.

However, that would be a super huge undertaking requiring a ton of dedicated helpers as many of the WDS title have 100+ scenarios in each title and if I counted correctly, they have released 107 titles.......and they still update them on a regular basis...what other company does such a thing!!!!!

Thanks for the suggestion and good luck in your up and coming tournaments.
06-24-2023, 05:09 AM,
I also suspect that the work involved to allow scenarios reported at TWS to replicated at the Blitz site automatically would not be easy and would no doubt require web designers at both ends to cooperate their efforts.

it really would be much simpler to persuade your opponent(s) to register at the Blitz so you can report your games here.  Wink
06-24-2023, 06:44 AM,
Thanks folks!

I'll see what I can do.

I am glad folks could see the positive aspect of having a repo with balance and stuff.
06-25-2023, 07:04 AM,
Zov,
I am an admin at the Napoleonic Wargaming Club and active in the American Civil War Gaming club. I have been cross-registering for years with a lot of players. The Blitz registration forms are super fast and easy. Lots of players are in all the clubs and register the same battle/scenario/game in multiple clubs.  I think the Blitz's data base of win-loss and comments might be unique and is my go to, especially for the Panzer Campaign and WWI games.
06-25-2023, 09:27 PM,
Ditto for me. This is a great database for scenarios and comments.