• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Returning to the fray thanks to WDS
06-17-2023, 01:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2023, 01:14 AM by devoncop.)
Returning to the fray thanks to WDS
So the WDS sale started today and after a couple of years away from the scene following some real life problems around a family bereavement I have in the last month rediscovered the absolute joy of the Tiller games and have been blown away by the work WDS have done on them. Kharkov 43 and Seven Years War have entranced me this last month but I fancied getting  out of my comfort zone with a WW1 title.

I picked up Serbia 14 and East Prussia 14 today and am really looking forward to getting my head into the nuances of the WW1 battlefields. The designer notes on both titles are phenomenally good. 

The post is just by way of saying hi to my old opponents who may be still on here and to thank WDS for their ongoing work. Guys you are playing a blinder.

All the best

Ian
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2023, 04:56 PM,
RE: Returning to the fray thanks to WDS
If you are a PzC player and have never played the FWWC titles before, then check out my articles in the sub forum (located above this one) on how differently the two series play despite looking very similar.  Wink
06-17-2023, 08:21 PM,
Hi Sir.

Many thanks for the signposting to your articles, I will be reading those today !

It is already apparent that the siting of machine guns/artillery and managing command and control is at the heart of the WW1 challenge.....Trying to get the badly fatigued Austrian 71st and 72nd Divs into supply and out of disorder proved an interesting experience to say the least in the introductory scenario of Serbia 14 :-)
"I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"
06-17-2023, 08:34 PM,
Welcome back!!!

I've recently got into WW1 and the PzC series myself. Still learning. Quite different to Napoleonics - which by the way have now had a number of updates since you were last around.
With the sale on I intend getting a couple more games myself. Scheldt appeals as it has the Arnhem campaign in it.
06-18-2023, 12:15 AM,
Ah there is a familiar name !

Glad to see you still fighting the good fight Mr Moss :-)

Which WW1 or WW2 titles do you own ?

All the best

Ian
06-18-2023, 12:22 AM,
I have E Prussia '14. And most of the PzC series now. PM or email me if you want a game. I'm still very much on a learning curve with both.
06-18-2023, 12:53 AM,
Will do.

Maybe in a week or two when I have stopped realising I have been missing out whole game mechanics in East Prussia 14.....(and of course remembered how to do the whole PBEM procedure😂)

Many thanks for the offer Sir.

You are a gentleman.

Ian
06-18-2023, 07:18 PM,
Email sent this morning for a PBEM game of E.Prussia 14 with Mr Moss.

If anyone fancies a Serbia 14 game send me an email. Happy with either side and ideally default rules as I am still learning :-)

Cheers

Ian