• Downloads

Wanting opponents please!
03-30-2023, 11:44 AM,
RE: Wanting opponents please!
Yes, many jokes
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2023, 08:24 PM,
I finished my deeds and found solution to technical problem. No more delays from me; from now on, I can make 1+ turn per day.
04-02-2023, 01:38 AM,
Your Blue defenders are doing a much better job then your Red defenders, but that might be because you've put too many Blue defenders as speed bumps. A few troops to ambush and harass, that's fine, but now you've chosen this ground as our main engagement. Unless of course, your plan is to delay all my forces in one spot long enough to drop massive arty missions on me; or perhaps a helo swarm?

I will say, its very nice of your two squads to be so welcoming and offering to surrender immediately upon my arrival. It almost makes up for all the my troops you gunned down in the open.
04-04-2023, 09:21 AM,
Can you add two more battles to your current ones? I am ready to begin the second part (3rd and 4th battles) of our match.
04-04-2023, 11:15 PM,
I am canceling my previous post. I am not ready. My technical problem came back. I will write more details later.
04-04-2023, 11:16 PM,
Understood.

Good timing too, I was about to start creating them.
04-05-2023, 08:27 AM,
Good Sir; in the matter of B vs R and the needless continued loss pixel-life. I put to you under the grace of god a peace to collect and exchange our injured/dead under a flag of white flag of peace. If you agree, please have your troops form along the river edge and hopak your answer in morse code. This will allow both our forces a longer rest if we stop firing now.
04-06-2023, 07:46 AM,
No way! It is a terrible deal. Even for a second, I will not stop shooting. I am not interested in any white flags (as a symbol of negotiations), as I have seen enough of them (as icons for surrenderers) in the other battle. I like the idea of "troops forming morse code", but my soldiers do not. They are all Greens/Conscripts and do not understand such jokes as of yet. So my answer is here: --. --- .... --- -- .

If you meant the Ceasefire. It was toggled on from the beginning. A few turns ago, I switched it off. When I will know for sure that the zone is cleared, I will switch it back.

About my technical problem. In the "Enter password" screen, the game semi-freezes. I am unable to enter a password or click the Cancel or OK buttons. I can only move the mouse pointer and highlight clickable buttons on that screen. It was in both battles at the beginning of the current match. I was unable to find a solution during the entire week. I checked all known forums but found nothing. I tried everything that my mind could think of to fix it (update, verify, reinstall, reconfigure, etc.), but it all did not help. Then I finally fixed it by reducing the screen resolution setting in the game options.

Now this crap happens again in "R vs B" (Turn 32), but "B vs R" (Turn 38) is fine. I lowered every possible setting. I even switched off unit icons, trees, smoke, etc. But the screen is still be frozen. So I am quitting from the "R vs B" battle. I was close to surrendering any way, as almost all my soldiers are in the Broken state and have been unmanageable for the last five turns or so. You would win this battle any way. I calculated the level of your victory (the Game Engine Manual includes info for that). If you lost half or more of your initial forces, this is the Major Victory. If you lost less than half, this is the Total Victory. I know that you lost exactly half of your vehicles, but I do not know how many infantry you lost.

Of course, I am quitting from 3rd and 4th battles too. It is bad, as I had good plans for how to attack here. But it will be very stupid to invest my and your time in starting these battles and then abort them somewhere in the middle. In the previous match (Tiny ME, small map), everything worked without any problems. So my offer is, let's start a new match. To reduce the risks, I suggest the following conditions: Single battle (not mirror), Tiny forces, really small map. What do you think?

P.S.
I have now made tests (hotseat QB, very big map, regiments-size forces (almost divisions, lol)), and everything is working fine, slowly but working. So I guess my technical problem somehow relates to multiplayer or to exactly that map; I have no idea.
04-06-2023, 10:51 AM,
Understood.

For our R vs B; I'll claim a Total victory there. I had a lot of forces left. Even more so, I had a bunch of GRAD arty, but I accidentally moved my only spotted up and he goes killed right away. Thus I could not access my Arty anymore. Had a different problem with all my air power. Because you surprised me with being on my side of the water, I had to redirect my air attack zone. They were going to start attacking in a turn or two. So a lot of my Combat Power was preserved off the battlefield.

As for B vs R, we can wait to the bitter end if you like. In that match, I completely messed up on the timings of my Mortar rounds. Because of that, any frontal assault was suicidal. Thus fall back and await ceasefire.

I have a technical problem with my program too. When ever it comes time to save a file, if click three times, the game freezes up and crashes. I've had to redo turns because of that. Very annoying.

So what kind of work around would you like to try for games 3 and 4?
04-06-2023, 10:53 AM,
Ok, I'll create a teeny-tiny battle for us to fight as a test game.

I'll try making that now. I've been trying to setup up a mirror match with another person all night, and having lots of technical issues with the Slitherine server.