• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wanting opponents please!
03-16-2023, 01:06 AM,
RE: Wanting opponents please!
You can always shut me up with a CW challenge! ;-)
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2023, 01:07 AM,
(03-16-2023, 01:06 AM)naughtkris Wrote: You can always shut me up with a CW challenge! ;-)

But seriously, if this long thread in the wrong forum is actually bothering anyone, just let me know and I'll move it.
03-16-2023, 02:59 AM,
(03-16-2023, 01:07 AM)naughtkris Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 01:06 AM)naughtkris Wrote: You can always shut me up with a CW challenge! ;-)

But seriously, if this long thread in the wrong forum is actually bothering anyone, just let me know and I'll move it.

He lol it so I dont think that was what he was suggesting.
03-16-2023, 05:24 AM,
I know he was joking, I even acknowledge that with the second msg of "but seriously" to confirm that I was joking in the previous.

But, out of respect to the rest of the community, I pointed out that if some one actual (thus not poster) has an issue, to let me know. Its a matter of curtsy and manors.

Then of course there was also the winking smiling face and what ever I meant by that.

So again, if an Admin (or anyone) would prefer I move this to a different forum, please let me know and I will do so.
03-17-2023, 11:09 AM,
You said that I could ask questions; here is my question: Are you hiding your M163s because they are already out of ammo, or are you preparing an ambush with them?**

My mistake in this battle is that I started counterattack too late, as now I should be moving troops of mine too fast to clear the zone.

(**). This is a joke; please do not answer this question, since "ambush vs not ambush" is a big intrigue for me.
03-17-2023, 11:16 AM,
I'm hiding the M163s because the one on you right flank because it ran out of ammo, and I abandoned it and moved the crew to some dead troops, whom they then took extra weapons from.

On your Left Flank, the M163 lost the gunner from some damage, and all the other crew members were out sick the day of training that they covered how to fire the gun. So I dismounted the remaining crew as infantry. I moved them to some dead troops whom they stripped for gear.
03-17-2023, 11:54 AM,
Understood. No more jokes from me. I need to learn English first.
03-17-2023, 05:42 PM,
OMG! You had only seven soldiers. There are only three of them in the zone, and all three are yellow; two of them are Broken, and the third is in Panic. Minute (^W) 15 seconds more time, and I would clear that zone. My bad luck and my belated counterattack cost me 400 VPs. I have a huge amount of thoughts about these battles, but do not have time to write. I gained a lot of knowledge and experience; thank you very much for the match.

Could you report the result of the "R V B" battle to the ladder? The second one I will report on my own after you, because I want to see how it works.

Let me know when you will be ready for another mirror match* with me.

(*). Mirror matches are a good thing: studying a map once, playing a battle twice. Now I understand why they are so popular.
03-18-2023, 12:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 12:59 PM by naughtkris.)
So, I had a two-man unit with two dragon launchers. Several times as you advanced your tanks, I moved them into position to fire, but they must have taken shrapnel to the eyes, because they could not see your tank, sitting out in the open.

Then when they did start to aim, they took way too long then panicked and ran away. Had they got their shots off, it would have taken out both tanks. My bad luck. That, and I was intentionally rash with my attack, pushing up way too greedily.

The next failure, was that neither of my tanks came close to paying themselves off. I think one tank killed 3, and the other 7. They might have killed a btr or two, but I don't think so. You have my word, these next matches I won't pull any punches and never pull on the gloves.

But yes, on an ME, taking the initiative is important. Don't let the enemy dictate where the fighting is going to be. You don't need to push across the whole front line (though you could if you say the enemy make some relevant mistake). Either way, I think your going to do just fine.

If its any conciliation; I'm currently loosing a CMBS match really badly (Hi CC!); and I have a CMCW Meet and Greet scenario where my opponent keeps ripping chunks off me every turn, while I at best try to chase his troops through the forests with tanks where they are sitting ducks. He has one tracked tank in a forest that has killed like 4 of my own tanks, several m113s and countless infantry. Just a single tank that can't even move. He also pretty much one shot'ed my planes out of the sky. Not only that, but he controls all the relevant high ground and is dug in like a tick. I feel like a hiker who's fallen on his back and is desperately poking a grizzly bear with my walking stick. It's only a matter of time before he commits his reserve company and just overwhelms me with communist dogma.

As for our next MM; I'm ready to go right now. I just need to know some things;

Do you want to do another ME. Its my favourite mode, but I'm fine with any mode.

As an alternative, we could do a Probe, but we'd have to figure out if one of us will just always be Blue, so that we each have a side of attacking. Other wise we'll have to figure out each match separately (KrisB>CupR; CR>KB; CP>KB; KR>CB). Do you have a preference for size? I could do Tiny and small, but be warned that medium and large are very time comprehensive. Setup is a chore.

Once you tell me your preferences, I'll get the challenge to you.

Reporting- Yes, I'll report it tomorrow. I'm off to bed.

P.S. My apologies for not recognizing your joke in time. The funny thing is, I think you and I have a very similar sense of humour, its just that I'm failing to pick up on it sometimes.
03-18-2023, 10:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2023, 10:57 PM by Cupressus.)
My preferences (finally, I found the right word; "preference" is a good term for "what I want"):

1. PBEM++ (as a mechanism for exchanging game save files between players).

2. Ladder (as a mechanism for storing results of finished games).

3. Iron (as a skill level).

4. Notifying prior to taking a break (in setted pace of exchange).

5. Playing at full strength (without "letting to win").

6. A realistic approach to gameplay (more detailed in the next post).

I do not have preferences in all other aspects as of yet, so please set parameters one more time by yourself. Thanks.