• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wanting opponents please!
03-04-2023, 01:34 AM,
RE: Wanting opponents please!
I have fixed the Turns issue. I had to manually delete and reinstall the program, but I think I lost only
one game (with someone else).

Here's the problem with Air Power.

It can be very expensive both in points but in Rarity. This is very much the case for NATO. Which ironically makes NATO's doctrine dependence on close air support somewhat difficult to recreate. As well, you need an Air Controller of some sort. Those are expensive and if they die, all those expense planes and helos are lost to you.
Another draw back is that it takes a long time to call them in for an attack- usually over ten minutes. Now, in the case, since its such a small map, I used the Pre-Planned attack (just like Arty, but we don't do that with Arty in a ME battle), but instead of Zero wait time, I set it to 5 min (I didn't want to air attack you in your start up zone, that's a no-no).
In addition, while multiple air assets can be called in a single mission (up to all of them); a single air controller can't have multiple missions on the go. Just like Arty spotters.

Notice how I haven't moved any deeper in yet? It's because if I do, my own troops will get hit with friendly fire from the helos.

Off the top of my head, the Helo's are all of mix of Hinds D and E (Mi-24 D and V). They are almost all "light", thus just armed with their 50cal. I don't recall if I mixed in some Hinds with HE rockpods or not. If I did, it was to hide them amongst the chaff of the 'light' versions. But those Helos are all very vulnerable to Pivads (if you have some). I don't think I have an Frogfoots (su-25) in the mix, but I'll check next turn and let you know.

Be forewarned- this air swarm will last many turns and look for anyone they can see from above. Unless you feel you need to stay out in the open to accomplish a task, I would suggest taking cover. Of course, this serves me by fixing you in place.

Take your time with your turns- I'm not going any where (well, unless article 5 gets invoked). Your doing great with keeping your troops in cover and putting up overwatch. One thing I will suggest to keep in mind:

Speed - Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast (a steady pace)

Surprise - Keep me guessing. Set up traps. Don't telegraph an attack or strategy. Reposition troops to other parts of the battlefield mid combat.

Aggression- The more peaceful it is for my troops, the more I can take the initiative; the more I can setup my battle plans; the more I can pick you off and defeat in detail. Don't throw away troops, but do keep the pressure up on me. Paradoxically, setting up an ambush can accomplish this too (letting me stroll right into a trap). Never give me time to recover, but at the same time, let you troops recover in rotation (reserves leap frog into the attack while the first Consolidate).

Keep it up!
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2023, 12:13 AM,
I just checked on my air power roster. I didn't see anything other that Hinds with 50cal.
The air attack should end in a turn or two, maybe with some stragglers 3 turns.

I'll try and time it to the turn the air attack would be ending, and that is when I'll make my push to wipe you from the board.

I'll probe on both flanks, but if I meet stronger resistance on one side or the other; I'll stop advance on side with most enemy resistance and take up defensive positions. Then I'll divert resources to push on the 'weaker' flank. I'll then try to swing the door in-then-behind into your strong flank.

If that doesn't work, I'll just have to think on my feet. Either way, I'll need to get you out of the yellow zone.

-Chris
03-05-2023, 01:58 AM,
Since I have some ideas in my head. I want that you not to write new messages now. Let me do it first.
03-05-2023, 02:09 AM,
Understood.

I'll stay silent unless you need something.

-Chris
03-05-2023, 03:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2023, 03:23 AM by Cupressus.)
Could you rewrite my previous message in other words, or describe what it is about.
03-05-2023, 03:22 AM,
I've over stepped with my help. It's the military instructor in me.

You would like the chance to try some tactics without me spoiling it.

I completely understand, no worries.

You can still ask stuff when you feel your are ready to ask.

After these practice games, you'll be ready to move into some 'gloves off' matches with me.

You are doing great.

-Chris
03-05-2023, 03:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2023, 03:35 AM by Cupressus.)
Oops!
03-05-2023, 03:45 AM,
To put things in perspective, I'm loosing some matches myself. I have a Medium sized ME Scenario with Cargol and he's just handing my ass back to me on a silver platter. I'm currently waiting for the other shoe to drop and he makes his finishing move.
03-05-2023, 04:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2023, 04:46 AM by Cupressus.)
I meant this: "I have some ideas (thoughts) that I want to describe in post. So, please, don't make your posts today. Let me to make my post in front of you."

Later I'll try to explain all this chaos that I made.

Now to the game!
03-05-2023, 10:31 AM,
LoL.

I guess I did misunderstand, but I still should be more careful about ruining your fun.

Hmm, are you by chance in Latvia?