• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Russo - Ukraine War Mod
02-03-2023, 05:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2023, 05:14 AM by despot993.)
Russo - Ukraine War Mod
Hello guys, I'm working on a mod for Modern Campaigns Danube front trying to recreate the current Russo-Ukraine conflict. I just started with some graphics for units, you can check the screenshots.

I'm not satisfied with how the graphics look when rendered in the game, they are very low quality, and I got some blue outlines on the edges. Does somebody know how to get rid of those? I'm using photoshop to create these pictures and rename them in the game folder.

Also, is it possible to use a different map from another panzer campaign game and use it in Danube Front, like for example from Kharkiv 42'?

Thank you, and please let me know what you think.

.png   Screenshot_4.png (Size: 424.16 KB / Downloads: 67)
.png   Screenshot_2-min.png (Size: 148.35 KB / Downloads: 43)
.png   Screenshot_3-min.png (Size: 163.49 KB / Downloads: 42)
.png   Screenshot_5-min.png (Size: 180.14 KB / Downloads: 50)
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2023, 06:15 AM,
RE: Russo - Ukraine War Mod
Can you right click and show a pic of the stats of the units?

While I like the color of the flags, when you right click it makes it (from my experience) hard (or very hard) to read the text for the unit.

From my perspective the playability in this case readability is more important than the color. Function over form I think.

That is just one man's opinion of course.

You can see what I mean by my Zovs-Mods package I created.
02-03-2023, 06:56 AM,
(02-03-2023, 06:15 AM)zovs66 Wrote: Can you right click and show a pic of the stats of the units?

While I like the color of the flags, when you right click it makes it (from my experience) hard (or very hard) to read the text for the unit.

From my perspective the playability in this case readability is more important than the color. Function over form I think.

Yeah, I think you're right. I made some alternatives with army camo and it looks better probably.

.png   Screenshot_7.png (Size: 50.57 KB / Downloads: 41)

.png   Screenshot_8.png (Size: 40.69 KB / Downloads: 30)

.png   Screenshot_9.png (Size: 25.46 KB / Downloads: 47)

If it's no secret, what program are you using when making unit graphs?
02-03-2023, 10:58 AM,
(02-03-2023, 06:56 AM)despot993 Wrote:
(02-03-2023, 06:15 AM)zovs66 Wrote: Can you right click and show a pic of the stats of the units?

Yeah, I think you're right. I made some alternatives with army camo and it looks better probably.

If it's no secret, what program are you using when making unit graphs?
The blue is anti-aliasing, when you are resizing are you using a smart resize? I use Paintshop Pro and do a lot of graphics mods for various games, am familiar with your issue. Try selection the blue color and choose a color replacing tool, choose the color of the background, and replace with a lower tolerance say 12-17.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
02-03-2023, 10:54 PM,

To me # 9 looks best.

I use paint.net plus a couple of plugin packages, it has layers and is easy to use once you get the hang of it.
02-07-2023, 02:00 AM,
Ok, so I managed to get rid of the anti-aliasing line by using paint pro with a plugin for transparent pixels :)

Now unit graphs are starting to look good, they still need some more work.

The only thing now is to start making scenarios and OOBs, but I wonder if would it be possible to use a Map from a different game series in the Danube front?

I can transfer graphics and OOBs to for example Panzer Campaigns Kaharkov '42, but I can't use all units in OOB creation like guided missiles, Helicopters, or thermal imaging. 

I would like to transfer only the map of the Kharkiv front to the Danube front game because it's perfect for recreating the current war scenarios.

[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: 59uiQAG.jpg][/font]
[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: Qo3v10U.jpg] 
[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: PGJ2evH.jpg][/font]
[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: 0Jo7Fwn.jpg][/font]
[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: F0LPDPA.jpg]
[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: XWlOD9q.jpg][/font]
[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: cBjWnzn.jpg][/font]
[/font]
[/font]

[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: EXK3OtF.jpg][/font][/font]
[/font]
[/font]

[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://imgur.com/Jd8PXdP[/font]
[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://imgur.com/Jd8PXdP[/font]
02-08-2023, 09:23 PM,
The maps from Kharkov'42 might be transferable but you do know that the map scales are different? A Panzer Campaign hex is 1km but a Modern Campaign hex is 1 mile. 

So possibly you will have to change all the movement factors and range factors of all the units to suit 'smaller' hexes.
02-08-2023, 10:29 PM,
(02-08-2023, 09:23 PM)Plain Ian Wrote: The maps from Kharkov'42 might be transferable but you do know that the map scales are different? A Panzer Campaign hex is 1km but a Modern Campaign hex is 1 mile. 

So possibly you will have to change all the movement factors and range factors of all the units to suit 'smaller' hexes.

You're right, I'll have to make some changes in the parameter data for sure.

Do you know how to transfer the entire map?  I would then make a sub-map to create different scenarios.
02-09-2023, 03:53 AM,
(02-08-2023, 10:29 PM)despot993 Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 09:23 PM)Plain Ian Wrote: The maps from Kharkov'42 might be transferable but you do know that the map scales are different? A Panzer Campaign hex is 1km but a Modern Campaign hex is 1 mile. 

Do you know how to transfer the entire map?  I would then make a sub-map to create different scenarios.

I thought it would be easy to copy the Kharkov.map 1,070kb from your Panzer Campaign game folder and paste it into the Modern Campaign folder then open up the sub map editor...........I don't think this will work. The .map files can't be compatible between the two series.

Sorry.

Hopefully a Blitz expert will come along.
02-09-2023, 07:25 AM,
(02-09-2023, 03:53 AM)Plain Ian Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 10:29 PM)despot993 Wrote:

I thought it would be easy to copy the Kharkov.map 1,070kb from your Panzer Campaign game folder and paste it into the Modern Campaign folder then open up the sub map editor...........I don't think this will work. The .map files can't be compatible between the two series.

Sorry.

Hopefully a Blitz expert will come along.
Yeah, I tried that, didn't work. Hope someone who knows something more will tell.