• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

LFO CMBS up to x3
01-30-2023, 10:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2023, 10:15 AM by naughtkris.)
LFO CMBS up to x3
Greetings;

Its been a few years, but;

I'm looking for up to three opponents (or someone wanting to pull triple duty).

I tend to be able to get two turns every 1 day, but I have been known to rapid fire them back when I have the time/flow. Sometimes work does get in the way and I'll miss a few days, but I'll give you a heads up if/when that starts. I promise I will not quit once you start kicking my butt, I will give it all to the end, or an agreed upon ceasefire.

My gentlemen's rules include: No pre-arty on MEs or Probe. I'm more than willing to abide by any you have. I'm also open to changes in the agreement mid game if suits us.

I'm looking for:

1x Small game. This can be USA vs RUS, or UA vs RUS.  I'd prefer a ME, but I'm always open to a good elevator pitch.

1x Medium game. I would prefer UA vs RUS, but again, an interesting USA vs RUS sitrep could convince me.

1x Scenario. I don't have one picked out. Size can vary, but I'd shy away from very large games. The red vs blue makeup doesn't matter. 

I'm dropbox capable. I also can be quite chatty in the chat log. Let me know if that bothers you and I'll stop it.

English is my primary but I'm willing to play with anyone who can get the very basics across to me, and I to him.

Hope to hear from you. I promise I'm not terrible, but I can't promise I'm great.

-Chris

p.s.
Hi Ian!
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2023, 12:53 AM,
RE: LFO CMBS up to x3
Oh, oh, oh pick me, pick me Big Grin

So good to see you back on the boards. How about a scenario? Which title would you like? Do you have Cold War - it's a lot of fun.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
01-31-2023, 07:30 AM,
Opponent Wanted  RE: LFO CMBS up to x3
(01-31-2023, 12:53 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: Oh, oh, oh pick me, pick me Big Grin

So good to see you back on the boards. How about a scenario? Which title would you like? Do you have Cold War - it's a lot of fun.

You had me at "So..."

Glad to be back. I'll have a little more time to play for a while.

I fully trust you, so go ahead and pick out a nice scenario for us.
You're the more experienced player now, so go easy on me ;-)

I still have to get my dropbox setup again.

I don't have Cold War yet. I was looking for something in the Black Sea department.
02-01-2023, 05:34 AM,
OK I'll set something up. Probably tomorrow morning.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
02-01-2023, 08:38 AM,
Excellent.

If you want to play it Mirrored, I'm fine with that.

Now I'll just have to find some more opponents.

If there is someone new to the game, I'd have no problem doing a teaching game.
02-02-2023, 12:13 AM,
Ok, so a bit the bullet.

Despite the warnings about optimization issues and crashes, I picked up CMCW off of steam.

I do still want to play some CM Black Sea, but I can switch to Cold War if you prefer.
02-02-2023, 05:11 AM,
LOL I sent you a Black Sea battle this morning. Next one we can go with Cold War.
02-02-2023, 07:21 AM,
I still don't have my dropbox set up. Its my weekly game night, so I'll probably have to wait till tomorrow.

Speaking of which, I just saw Cold War has a built in PBEM server of some sort?
02-02-2023, 08:37 AM,
I guess I really am out of practice. I'm moved the file from dropbox into the Incoming Email folder for BS, but when I open the game, there is nothing displayed in the load a file screen.

Am I missing something simple?

As an aside, I've played two QBs for Cold War. Both USA vs USSR. So far, I do find the sides fairly even.
02-03-2023, 12:58 AM,
(02-02-2023, 08:37 AM)naughtkris Wrote: I guess I really am out of practice. I'm moved the file from dropbox into the Incoming Email folder for BS, but when I open the game, there is nothing displayed in the load a file screen. 

Am I missing something simple? 

Maybe - you need the latest version which I think is 2.16. Lets hope it is that simple.

(02-02-2023, 08:37 AM)naughtkris Wrote: As an aside, I've played two QBs for Cold War.  Both USA vs USSR.  So far, I do find the sides fairly even.

Agreed - it's a fun series.