• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Serbia 14 Second Invasion Serbian rail capacity
12-28-2022, 09:29 AM,
Serbia 14 Second Invasion Serbian rail capacity
Currently playing the Second Invasion campaign and was thinking about the option to redeploy some units by railway after the Austrian Invasion in the West and South starts. But I realized currently (almost 20 turns into the campaign) my rail capacity is at a value of 0. 

This will obviously make the railways way less of a factor then I anticipated. So I wanted to ask if anybody has already played the campaign and nows if the Serbians will get rail capacity a while into the Scenario? If yes how much is it and roughly how far into the campaign will it become available?

It would be really important to know in order to plan the further moves for some of my units.
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2022, 01:27 PM,
RE: Serbia 14 Second Invasion Serbian rail capacity
I don't believe rail capacity can change during a scenario, at least it wasn't possible in the past. I do believe the lack of rail capacity was due to most available rail stock was still being used for mobilization, after dealing with resupply trains etc.
[Image: exercise.png]
12-29-2022, 06:39 AM,
Checked out the designer notes and it seems rail capacity can actually change. It says for example the Serbian start out the 1915 campaign with a good amount but it will decrease greatly towards 0 in the later turns of the campaign.

But it seems for the 1914 campaigns things aren't stated that clearly. For example it says in the first invasion campaign the Serbian rail capacity will be enough to move 50% of a Division. The only other mention for 1914 is that rail capacity will be very low in late 1914. In the second campaign it has a initial value of 0 and in the third a value of 1. Not sure if that means the second campaign belongs to late 1914 since it takes place at most 3 weeks after the end of the first invasion.

I can see why the Serbians would loose capacity over time but is it really realistic that they would have less in September than in November? Mobilization would certainly put a burden on it but wouldn't it be quite advanced or finished at this point in time.

Still it would probably better to play my turns with out anticipating the railways as transport options.
12-29-2022, 09:00 AM,
Okay, that made me dig more, although I already started looking further and saw in the change log that the rail cap variation ability was added with the Serbia game, and I had forgotten about it. But I couldn't find anything as to how it was tracked.

Anyway, with your note, I dug further and found it. Rail capacity can change through a supply variation entry. So in your game, you can check that and see how it may change. You can see it under Units - Supply Variations. However, it doesn't show the turn - the scenario editor shows it there though.
12-29-2022, 10:06 PM,
Thank you very much for checking that out. Took a look at supply variation window. Since it is unlike in other campaigns empty I think I shouldn't except any rail capacity changes for the remaining Scenario.
12-30-2022, 09:00 AM,
Agreed, I looked at the 2nd and that is how it seemed to me.