• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to add new scenarios
11-02-2022, 12:37 AM,
How to add new scenarios
,Hello ,
I have recently returned to playing JTCS after playing the original Talonsoft versions in the nineties , I purchased the Matrix version a few years ago but didn’t play it at all but since I have retired and have more time I started playing and was enjoying but it’s only this morning in bed reading the Blitz forum that I realised I did not have the modswopper in my version so I looked in main file and there was the latest update 2.02 in a file ,so finally I can add the mods it’s like a different game fantastic 
The problem now is how do I add the new campaigns and scenarios I have downloaded in the last few weeks and is there any other files with infantry and vehicles also early Barbarossa with Army group centre up to Smolensk is my favourite also is their any maps for the game which reflect operations around Smolensk , after years of close combat and combat mission which are good games this Battalion officer level command with campaign is fantastic 
 I am really excited about EF3 when it appears and is a definite buy for me
Thanks to all the modders and CSLegion who have maid it such a great game 
Regards
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2022, 01:53 AM,
RE: How to add new scenarios
Hi toolsay2,

Welcome to the Blitz!

Basically any new scenarios, the files that is (Map, Org and Scn) files are added directly into the individual main game folder for either East Front II, West Front and Rising Sun. When you go to play the scenario the game engine will pick up the files you need for that scenario (map & org).

Same thing is true for any campaign games you have. Those are designated a (cpn) type files and the game engine will pick up what you need to play them.

There is no special sub-folder within the main game folder for storing them unlike in the newer games Campaign Series Middle East and Campaign Series Vietnam.

A word of caution though with scenarios created with older versions of John Tiller's Campaign Series (JTCS). The most current version is 2.02. Scenarios created with the 1.03 or 1.04 versions of the game will probably work. Anything before version 1.03 might be problematical. They may or may not work because a lot has changed over the years since the games inception in 1998.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

John (Big Ivan)
11-03-2022, 12:47 PM,
Big Ivan
Thanks for help , as you know I posted this question on the Matrix forum as well
Sorry to mess you around
Regards
11-03-2022, 10:11 PM,
Hi toolsey2,

No problem at all. I visit both sites, here and Matrix equally.

Have any more questions or need some help with the Campaign Series post them here or at Matrix. 

There are a lot of guys out there always willing to help.

Kind regards,

John Smile