• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unit Symbols - Not Consistent?
10-27-2022, 12:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2022, 12:20 PM by Xerxes77.)
RE: Unit Symbols - Not Consistent?
Quote:Ah thanks Xerxes!  This is exactly the kind of answer I've been looking for.  And yes I have already been modding the symbols on the unit cards myself here and there... It's not so bad when you are zoomed in. 

Some of these corrections will be fairly easy to do and are pretty logical when it comes to what symbol they need to be edited to.  Others are a bit more confusing... for instance I see now that there is a StuG III in my scenario and it's map icon is 'Armor' but on the unit card is it designated as a 'Tank Destroyer'.  In doing some research I see the StuG III had a pretty good reputation as a tank killer, but I've always thought of the StuG III as more of a self propelled infantry assault gun.  So then uncertainty and questions come up...  Should the StuG III be symbolized as a tank destroyer or an self propelled infantry gun?  Or should it just stay the generic 'Armor' icon? 

Thoughts?

-Mark

That's a good question, unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable enough to provide an authoritative answer... I do know that there were a few variants of the StuG III, and a quick peek at how a game like Panzer Corps handles them tells me that they do have different roles (StuG IIIB being classed as artillery and StuG IIIG as anti-tank).

If in doubt, I'd personally follow the OOB/map symbol and just modify the component image, as changing a unit's type in the oob may have unintended effects on its stats.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Unit Symbols - Not Consistent? - by MisterMark - 10-25-2022, 02:08 PM
RE: Unit Symbols - Not Consistent? - by Xerxes77 - 10-26-2022, 08:58 AM
RE: Unit Symbols - Not Consistent? - by Xerxes77 - 10-27-2022, 12:15 PM
RE: Unit Symbols - Not Consistent? - by Xerxes77 - 10-27-2022, 12:18 PM
RE: Unit Symbols - Not Consistent? - by Ricky B - 10-27-2022, 12:52 PM
RE: Unit Symbols - Not Consistent? - by Xerxes77 - 10-27-2022, 08:36 PM