• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unit Symbols - Not Consistent?
10-26-2022, 08:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2022, 08:59 AM by Xerxes77.)
RE: Unit Symbols - Not Consistent?
(10-25-2022, 02:51 PM)MisterMark Wrote: Maybe I should be asking a better question...  is it possible to edit one of the values in the units file in the game directory to tell  the game which symbol to use from the 2DSymbolsMag file?  Or is the symbol designated by editing parameters via the pcoob editor?

I checked the scenario and can confirm there are some issues. I noticed for example a Hummel (150H) unit that has the same problem; it shows as heavy arty in the unit card but regular arty on the map NATO symbol.

Good news is you can fix it. Using the .oob editor you can edit a unit to set it to the desired unit type and that will take care of the map symbol. For example, you can set the unit type of the Hummel to "Heavy artillery" instead of "Artillery", save the Salerno.oob and next time you open the scenario you'll see the black bar on the side of the symbol.

Now suppose the map symbol is correct and the Hummel is supposed to be plain Artillery (I'm not sure myself). In that case the NATO symbol on the map is correct and you'd need to modify the graphic on the unit card. The small NATO symbols on the unit card are not taken from a separate file, but are instead part of the unit image. These are located in the proper national subfolder, in this example: Installation folder/German/Units/Hummel (150H).bmp. Some Paint / Photoshop skills are required, but the symbol is so small that there isn't much room for errors :-)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Unit Symbols - Not Consistent? - by MisterMark - 10-25-2022, 02:08 PM
RE: Unit Symbols - Not Consistent? - by Xerxes77 - 10-26-2022, 08:58 AM
RE: Unit Symbols - Not Consistent? - by Xerxes77 - 10-27-2022, 12:15 PM
RE: Unit Symbols - Not Consistent? - by Xerxes77 - 10-27-2022, 12:18 PM
RE: Unit Symbols - Not Consistent? - by Ricky B - 10-27-2022, 12:52 PM
RE: Unit Symbols - Not Consistent? - by Xerxes77 - 10-27-2022, 08:36 PM