• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MC Games, Deception Units Question
10-06-2022, 11:40 PM,
Help  MC Games, Deception Units Question
Because I'm of only marginally sound mind I took on a MC battle after having not touched the series in damn near 2 decades.  Needless to say my re-learning curve has been steep.  I've learned (or re-learned) many things along the way but can not seem to track down an answer for this one in the manual, it pertains to Deception units (of which it seems the Pact has roughly 100 of them, but that's another matter).  So, as I read the manual the instructions seem to indicate that if I have a unit on "patrol" then that patrolling unit will negate the effects of any deception units within the deception radius.  Now I read that and it says to me that if the deception radius is 5 hexes, any units I place into patrol status will negate the effects of any deception units within 5 hexes, am I reading that right?

Now, assuming I am reading that right and if I had a unit in T mode disrupt from deception unit presence directly next to a unit that is "patrolling" I would have to conclude that due to the math involved that deception unit would have to be 6 hexes away from my patrolling unit to still be within it's 5 hex deception radius, and yet outside my 5 hex patrolling radius, do I have that right? 

If I don't then please feel free to re-educate me on deception and patrolling (or just point me to where I can read it, knowing that I have read the user manual already and the pertinent sections seem to say what I've typed above).
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2022, 11:09 AM,
RE: MC Games, Deception Units Question
I think you have it right Paul, including the nuances around placements of the various units. The only potential issue with your analysis could be with the ranges but you may have accounted for it. The range used for the deception unit could be more or less than your patrolling range as the ranges are set by side. Assuming the enemy range is 5 as you used, then I believe it is all correct.
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply