• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario of the Month: September 2022 - Pairings
12-14-2022, 05:06 AM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: September 2022 - Pairings
(11-12-2022, 09:39 AM)Artkin Wrote: Mmm yet another player compensating for their lack of tactical ability by area firing anything that had a rifle firing out of it for half a turn.
I wish my troops were telepathic, they probably will be now when I return the favor handsomely.

I've yet to play against someone who doesn't use this as a tactic. The LOS mechanics are a little wonky and I find the AI doesn't cope well with spotting an enemy once and then losing LOS. If I spot a unit and somehow lose LOS I'm damn well going to just have my guys area fire to put some lead down range. 

I actually have a screen cap video (see link below) from a game where my BTR spots a Bradley, fires at the Bradley with 3 rounds then another 3 or 4 rounds, looses LOS because the smoke from the shots only to have the Bradley fire 2 ATGM taking the BTR out. Look if there was half decent tac AI in this game the BTR would have just kept dumping rounds down range and so sometime we have to be that hand of god from above telling units to area fire. 

https://streamable.com/xed9yp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scenario of the Month: September 2022 - Pairings - by Gamma - 12-14-2022, 05:06 AM