• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Implications of 'Stockpiled'?
09-10-2022, 12:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2022, 01:56 PM by MisterMark.)
Implications of 'Stockpiled'?
From the manual:

An artillery unit that is Stockpiled will be able to fire for longer periods of time, and perhaps with increased effectiveness, without suffering supply problems. In particular,

• A Stockpiled artillery unit fires at an effectiveness modified by the Stockpiled Fire Parameter Data modifier. For example, if this modifier is 100%, then the fire value of Stockpiled units is not modified, but if the modifier is 200%, then the fire value of Stockpiled units is doubled.

• When a Stockpiled artillery unit suffers its first supply test failure, it remains available, but loses its Stockpiled status at that point. Note: while Stockpiled, the supply test applied to a unit uses a supply value that is 75% of normal. For example, if the normal supply value is 80%, then the supply test applied to a Stockpiled unit uses 75% of 80%, equal to 60%, as the supply value for the test.

In regards to the second bullet point... It seems counter intuitive that the supply value for the test of stockpiled units is less (ie 75% of the normal supply value).  But prior to that bullet point the manual states stockpiled units 'will be able to fire for longer periods of time and perhaps with increased effectiveness, WITHOUT SUFFERING SUPPLY PROBLEMS'.

Seems if that were true the supply value for stockpiled units would increase for the test, not decrease.

Am I missing something?

-Mark
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2022, 02:11 PM,
RE: Implications of 'Stockpiled'?
It just makes it more likely that it would lose stockpiled status and thus any boosts to firepower that may or may not exist, along with not risking going out of ammo for artillery. Things like that.

Basically, when it is stockpiled, it can't go out of ammo, it can only lose its stockpiled status. So the statement is accurate.
[Image: exercise.png]
09-10-2022, 02:28 PM,
(09-10-2022, 02:11 PM)Ricky B Wrote: It just makes it more likely that it would lose stockpiled status and thus any boosts to firepower that may or may not exist, along with not risking going out of ammo for artillery. Things like that.

Basically, when it is stockpiled, it can't go out of ammo, it can only lose its stockpiled status. So the statement is accurate.

Thank you for the clarification!
09-10-2022, 02:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2022, 03:04 PM by MisterMark.)
And in regards to this:

• A Stockpiled artillery unit fires at an effectiveness modified by the Stockpiled Fire Parameter Data modifier. For example, if this modifier is 100%, then the fire value of Stockpiled units is not modified, but if the modifier is 200%, then the fire value of Stockpiled units is doubled.

If the modifier is 200% does that imply that an artillery unit that is stockpiled will deliver 2x the amount of firepower when attacking as opposed to not being stockpiled?  Seems obvious but I feel like I can't be too sure when trying to understand all the ins and outs of PzC.

-Mark
09-10-2022, 05:24 PM,
I wouldn't call it implied. It states the fire value is doubled. That seems very explicit, but maybe I am missing something in your question.

You can also try a situation in game with on map fire results turned off, with stockpiled artillery, and try firing it, and keep firing until it isn't stockpiled to compare the fire values if that would help.
[Image: exercise.png]