• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Operation Ikarus v.2 released (West Front)
08-21-2022, 04:52 AM,
New Game  Operation Ikarus v.2 released (West Front)
Hello Gentleman, 

I've just released and added to the scenario database my Ragnar Opus, Operation Ikarus: The Invasion of Iceland (WF). 
This was the hypothetical Axis invasion of Iceland, based roughly on the actual plan that the Germans had put together for that endeavor. One which, of course, was never realized. 

This is a pretty massive size 10 battle, perfect for team play. Also great for 1 on 1. I have in the folder my detailed description of the battle, which is a highly recommended read for those considering playing it. This is a highly complex battle involving amphibious, airborne, and special operations forces on a massive scale. It is a 100 turn battle, with turns 40-50 being NIGHT turns. 

This version 2 update comes after much additional play of the original version, increasing balance and playability. Of all of my scenario contributions, I hope this is my best effort. Enjoy!

Tankertony>>>

Attached Files
.zip   Iceland v.2.zip (Size: 162.47 KB / Downloads: 6)
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2022, 05:04 AM,
RE: Operation Ikarus v.2 released (West Front)
Thank you Tankertony for this scenario add!! Big Grin
08-21-2022, 08:20 AM,
Thanks Tony!
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-21-2022, 05:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 05:35 PM by zap.)
I can recommend this scenario from Tony. It was highly entertaining. If you want to test out your skill level, pick this one and be ready to be challenged. There will be no lulls in the battle as the Germans advance in attempts to get to the capital. Most likely all 100 turns will be needed in this 3 pronged invasion.