• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Thinner hex side mod for Panzer Campaigns
02-04-2021, 05:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2021, 05:47 AM by phoenix.)
Thinner hex side mod for Panzer Campaigns
Just uploading my modded '2DHexSides200' sheet for the latest Panzer Campaigns updates, in case there was anyone else out there who craved thinner hexsides at highest zoom level, but who, like me once upon a time, didn't know how to mess around thinning them themselves (or couldn't be bothered...). 

Just open your mapfolder and rename the '2DHexSides200' file that's already in there to whatever you like - '2dHexsides200vanilla' for example - then unzip the new file and drop into your map folder, (or unzip directly into your map folder). If you don't like it you can delete it and rename the original to what it was to revert. 

The file will work with any of the updated PC titles, I think. I've found that I prefer the original thicker hexsides in more hilly terrain (the Bulge maps, for example). Pic below of the thinner hexsides in Kharkov '42. It's just a tiny mod, but just in case anyone wants.... 

The hexsides are 3 pixel rows thinner!

https://www.theblitz.club/uploads/files/42f/2DHexSides200.zip

[Image: 1.png]
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2021, 06:22 PM,
RE: Thinner hex side mod for Panzer Campaigns
Thanks for sharing!
06-26-2022, 06:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2022, 06:34 AM by ajvanrens.)
Help  RE: Thinner hex side mod for Panzer Campaigns
(02-04-2021, 05:46 AM)phoenix Wrote: in case there was anyone else out there who craved thinner hexsides at highest zoom level, but who, like me once upon a time, didn't know how to mess around thinning them themselves

This is 100% me.

But I want to apply it Jison's MapMod. Problem is a I'm a bit of a moron with this kind of thing and don't even understand the .bmp files that have multiple map features on the same file. Is it as simple as opening the .bmp in paint and taking them out - or do I need more advanced software?
06-27-2022, 05:11 AM,
RE: Thinner hex side mod for Panzer Campaigns
Hell it is as simple as playing around in paint !!!