• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rzhev - Is this corruption or intended
06-20-2022, 06:34 AM,
Rzhev - Is this corruption or intended
Hi
I have just purchased Rzhev.

On the map for "A Close Brush With Disaster" there are several parts where the path of hexes alternates between a secondary road and a rail line (instead of being a continuous path of hexes with either a secondary road or a rail line).
Also, there are gaps between the secondary road and the rail line (they are not joined). I hope this makes sense !!

I have added a screen capture of this.

I have reinstalled the game and do not have mods running.

Is this intended - possibly trying to show an area that contained both a rail line and a secondary road?

Regards Mark

Attached Files
.png   A Close Brush With Disaster.png (Size: 145.81 KB / Downloads: 18)
.png   A Close Brush With Disaster2.png (Size: 213.16 KB / Downloads: 13)
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2022, 07:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2022, 07:14 AM by Compass Rose.)
RE: Rzhev - Is this corruption or intended
(06-20-2022, 06:34 AM)Ruskolnikov Wrote: Hi
I have just purchased Rzhev.

On the map for "A Close Brush With Disaster" there are several parts where the path of hexes alternates between a secondary road and a rail line (instead of being a continuous path of hexes with either a secondary road or a rail line).
Also, there are gaps between the secondary road and the rail line (they are not joined). I hope this makes sense !!

I have added a screen capture of this.

I have reinstalled the game and do not have mods running.

Is this intended - possibly trying to show an area that contained both a rail line and a secondary road?

Regards Mark

I do not own Rzhev, so all I can do you look at the pics your attached however, I have never seen that in a PzC game before, and I own 18 of them.

I understand you just purchased the game; congratulations!

Can you confirm that it is showing to be version 4.00?  To check, with the game open, above the game map select "Help" and "About". There it will list which version your game is.
06-20-2022, 07:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2022, 07:32 AM by Ruskolnikov.)
Posted in error
06-20-2022, 07:31 AM,
Hi and thanks for the reply

the game is version 4.0
06-20-2022, 07:44 AM,
If you look on the planning map it shows RR Construction. It is called Planning_Map.pdf

You have to really magnify the planning map to see it.
06-20-2022, 08:07 AM,
(06-20-2022, 07:44 AM)wildb Wrote: If you look on the planning map it shows RR Construction.  It is called Planning_Map.pdf

Thanks, I think that is it.
I have been looking at the map in question at high zoom and found in hexes 1-47 and 2-46 the words rail construction. The planning map also has rail construction.

Regards Mark
06-20-2022, 08:11 AM,
(06-20-2022, 07:44 AM)wildb Wrote: If you look on the planning map it shows RR Construction.  It is called Planning_Map.pdf

Nice Find!   Thumbs Up

Thanks
06-20-2022, 10:01 AM,

This means that the rail lines were under construction. It little play value, mostly for historical reference, I think.