• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Normandy #16 - Advancing Inland (6th-12th June) -Alt)
06-21-2022, 01:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2022, 01:42 AM by Plain Ian.)
RE: Normandy #16 - Advancing Inland (6th-12th June) -Alt)
(06-20-2022, 10:53 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote: Really nice. I love all the annotations too. I have great gaming respect for folks who are not afraid to tackle these mammoth scenarios. And at 70 turns I understand this one is not even among the largest.

These posts spark all sorts of ideas for enhancements to the engine, as I believe it could use a few extra functions to support a broader level of planning. Imagine having a "strategic overlay" based on heat maps showing concentration of forces, etc, and support for basic schematic drawings.

Going back to reality, the inclusion of visible VPs in the farthest zoom level looks like a natural thing to have. I would also add some basic functionality to the Organization Dialog to make things easier on the player.

Anyway, love this.
Thats a great idea about visible VP's at this level. Toggle them on or off I suppose in stead of place names. Have one or the other showing at any one time?

Large scenarios are all about planning. Probably games are one doh!...won or lost at this stage? It depends how much you want to win as well. If you want to win badly then toggle on the E key to find all the German Engineers, look for all the bridges you want to demolish....then start moving them pioneers! But you got to hope for good rolls as they company sized units lowish morale ratings in some cases. I'll bring this up in my AAR.

I was a bit careless with planning the movement of my rear area troops and have ended up counter marching as few formations as I've chopped and changed things. 

I also thought the Contentin was a bit of waste of effort moving all these units as Clay will not bother making any serious effort here. Its just too hard to get anywhere in Bocage. But again I changed my mind here.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Normandy #16 - Advancing Inland (6th-12th June) -Alt) - by Plain Ian - 06-21-2022, 01:41 AM