• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Advice on how to get started
06-05-2022, 07:04 AM,
Advice on how to get started
I've been lurking around on this forum and the JT website for a bit, and trying to figure out where to start with the JT games.  Looks like they are individual battle or campaign packs that you purchase one at a time, and they're not particularly cheap, so I was wanting a bit of advice on where best to start?
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2022, 07:12 AM,
RE: Advice on how to get started
The Panzer Campaign and Panzer Battles games and many others are now available at the Wargame Design Studio website. There are a couple of free demos that will give you a good taste of the games. That would be a great way to try them out before committing. If you like the games, I would go with the campaign that is most interesting to you. You will be able to find an opponent for just about any JT game here at the Blitz.
06-05-2022, 09:45 AM,
They have in the past had sales offering single purchases of anything over a year old for 30, I believe at both mid and end of year.  They also offer package discounts, though its been a long time since I've made a purchase that size and I'm not sure what exactly it is but if you visit the WDS site you will find it.

https://wargameds.com/
cheers
06-05-2022, 10:14 AM,
Awesome. Thanks guys. I've grabbed a couple of the demos that look interesting. Looks like a bit of a learning curve though!
06-05-2022, 12:23 PM,
(06-05-2022, 07:04 AM)Raver508 Wrote: I've been lurking around on this forum and the JT website for a bit, and trying to figure out where to start with the JT games.  Looks like they are individual battle or campaign packs that you purchase one at a time, and they're not particularly cheap, so I was wanting a bit of advice on where best to start?

Every title of the Panzer Campaigns is focused on a single campaign, or sometimes a series of campaigns over the same terrain.

Each title will have one (or more) campaign scenarios, which should only be tried after a player has learned both the game engine and the general Modus Operandii of the campaigns in question. Scenarios are great places to learn those aspects. They can give a player an opportunity to learn how to make contested river crossings, or to break out of massive kessels, or cross heavily mined defensive lines - depending upon the campaign in question.

After playing several scenarios in a title - or possibly in the general time frame and armed forces of the title - then one can appreciate a full-on campaign for all that they are worth.

So, to address your question: "Where best to start?"

Decide what matters most to you?

- Some people prefer particular armies or fronts. (I love Ost Front, for example.)
- Do you prefer set-piece situations or wide-open blitzkriegs? (El Alamein vs. Smolensk)
- Can you enjoy fighting with exhausted and low-supply troops? (Stalingrad fits that description.)
- Do you like early war, mid-war, or late war?

Food for thought. Bon apetit.