• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
06-21-2022, 07:33 AM,
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR
Turn 113 06:00 3rd of September 1914

[Image: iHtOeIR.jpg]

Landwehr Division Goltz crosses the Deime to the prepared positions along the bank. These are pre-placed and were not created during the scenario.

[Image: 4WoIiRL.jpg]

The Taplacken position continues to hold out. The Russian reserve formation across the Pregel has established a bridge, but it hasn't crossed the river yet.

3. Reserve Division is slowly pulling back through Wehlau, with MG's and field guns along the banks of Alle and Pregel covering the withdrawal.

[Image: lSf67pB.jpg]

The bulk of 1. Reserve Division moves to Friedland, with the second brigade south of Schippenbell.

[Image: QfCBlbQ.jpg]

An overview screenshot of the area west of Feste Boyen.

You can see 3. Garde Division at Bischofstein on the left.

[Image: V3yNp7I.jpg]

The pocket is disintegrating all along its perimeter now and it has become so narrow that most assaults lead to thousands of Russian losses from stacks that can't retreat.

Assaulting in FWWC, as in PzC, is a very inefficient way of inflicting casualties. The actual assault losses are usually something like 40 men for me and about 100 Russians. I generally assault with two battalions, preferably one that starts directly next to the enemy and one that moves in. That way the battalion that started next to the enemy can move back 1 hex after assaulting if it didn't become Disrupted from the assault. This limits additional direct fire losses from overstacking during the Russian turn.

With the short 8 turn FWWC days, it can take several days to shake off even modest Fatigue. A few additional tweaks to Fatigue to represent the capability of forces to keep going after serious losses would be welcome.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - by ComradeP - 06-21-2022, 07:33 AM