• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
06-11-2022, 08:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2022, 08:46 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR
Turn 65 06:00 28th of August 1914

[Image: 6lSUxnf.jpg]

Reinforcements arrive at the front. Landwehr Division Goltz arrived on the 27th and moves to the area north-east of Koenigsberg by train. The division will help secure the area against the Russian cavalry operating to the east.

[Image: fX90G9g.jpg]

The Russians are at the outskirts of Insterburg, but the objective hex has not been captured yet. Possibly due to it being a Congestion hex.

As Russian cavalry arrives at the banks of the Pregel north of Insterburg, my cavalry screen on the north bank withdraws.

[Image: kJVHySv.jpg]

Some of the lakes and rivers behind I Reservekorps are clearly visible in this screenshot.

No Russian units are in sight, for the moment.

[Image: XJ8wuTz.jpg]

Cavalry and a Jaeger bicycle company from 35. ID feint a crossing of the Omulew at Zareby.

36. ID has crossed the Omulew further south, unobserved.

There were Russian units moving north of Flammberg, shortly after Cossacks bumped into 36. ID, but I'm not sure where the Russian units went. If they moved south and then north again, or pulled back south-west. Even a single division would've made my crossing impossible.

As was the case with I Armeekorps earlier, the marshes make Russian flanking attacks impossible and also significantly decrease the chance that 36. ID is spotted.

The Russian units in front of XX Armeekorps can't intervene.

Aside from it being further away from the nearest identified Russian units, one other appealing aspect of the bridge 36. ID is using was that it's far enough removed from the primary road network that the road is unlikely to be used by the Russians.

[Image: 4bpMfhd.jpg]

As the pocket is forming in the south, big Russian concentrations remain in front of Hauptreserve Graudenz and Hauptreserve Thorn.

[Image: F9lxSEF.jpg]

I Armeekorps is fighting against 1.5 Russian infantry divisions and 6th Cavalry, keeping all of them occupied as 1. Kavallerie Division advances at nearly blitzkrieg pace and arrives at Przasnysz.

[Image: 63pHozk.jpg]

Another overview screenshot. The disaster that will soon befall 2nd Army is clear.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - by ComradeP - 06-11-2022, 08:10 AM