• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
06-11-2022, 07:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2022, 05:46 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR
Turn 60 12:00 27th of August 1914

[Image: lZlGAL3.jpg]

Hauptreserve Koenigsberg is withdrawing west, Insterburg will soon be in Russian hands.

[Image: LvSz0q5.jpg]

After a lot of action the previous day, I Reservekorps will continue to pull back.

36. Reserve Division will pull back south-west, 1. Reserve Division towards the west.

The gap is due to the rivers and 1 hex lakes west in the area. Units need to move to locations where they can cross the river. Russian bridging will take some time when they reach the river west of Angerburg.

[Image: CJ3wN2j.jpg]

36. ID made contact with some units from the Russian 4th Cavalry Division. My brigade is too weak to push on by itself, its job is to screen the area together with the Hussar companies between this brigade and the other brigade approaching the Omulew.

[Image: tAbCChV.jpg]

XX Armeekorps is still cautiously moving through the woods. There's still a Russian division south of 37. ID and probably a division south of 41. ID as well, judging by the Corps HQ at Neidenburg.

[Image: aJ4VNq1.jpg]

An overview screenshot of the emerging pocket of 2nd Army.

Russian Corps are mostly withdrawing south or south-west, whilst the key to making the pocket work is XVII Armeekorps being able to cross several rivers.

I Armeekorps will pin the Russian 2nd Infantry Division and 6th Cavalry Division at Mlawa in place, before slowly pushing them north.

1. Kavallerie Division will dash north-east until it reaches the lead elements of XVII Armeekorps.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - by ComradeP - 06-11-2022, 07:51 AM