• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
06-11-2022, 07:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2022, 05:45 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR
Turn 57 06:00 27th of August 1914.

The second -10 supply supply value change for the Russians is applied on this game day, the first was on the 25th.

Edit: it's not actually a global supply change, as I initially thought, so it has no effect on Russian C&C calculations.

[Image: kw3O3o9.jpg]

1st Army approaches Insterburg.

The line south of Svoboda is paper thin, but that's not much of an issue when no Russian cavalry is around.

[Image: S58mRoo.jpg]

As 1. Reserve Division withdrew, 36. Reserve Division had no choice but to start moving its brigades across the river. The Russian units west of Buddern are from the 5th Rifle Brigade.

Losses remain fairly light as I pull back ~2 hexes each turn, as the Russian stacks can only fire once after moving 2 hexes. Often, my opportunity fire disrupts a unit as it moves into range.

I try to let the Russian units walk into the field of fire of field gun and MG units from time to time. Visibility is usually 2-3 hexes, which makes it more difficult to spot concentrations in advance and limits the potential effectiveness of field guns (which have a maximum range greater than 5 hexes, the maximum visibility in the game).

I usually park an MG/field gun stack on a road, fire once, switch it to T-mode and move it back one or more hexes.

[Image: klJBWlu.jpg]

Some Cossack units will bump into the units between Omulew and Rozoga soon. Curiously, that only resulted in a redeployment of Cossacks towards the east initially.

[Image: DbikYj4.jpg]

As the chance of encirclement grows, several Russian divisions are still positioned between Neidenburg and Willenberg. I'm not sure if my opponent suspected a big push from this direction as well, but the Russian units here could've prevented a pocket from being formed.

[Image: DOOHSnr.jpg]

Hauptreserve Thorn widens its front as Hauptreserve Graudenz keeps an eye on units in Soldau. My forces here are much weaker than the Russians they're facing.

The MG stack in the rear consists of the 1. ID units moving south to join the rest of the division. They were not moved south with the rest of the division, but at a later point.

[Image: C24PXXA.jpg]

1. Kavallerie Division will use the surprisingly good road network to move south and then east to Ciechanow.

Units from I Armeekorps will advance towards the east, with the river they're walking towards screening the flank.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - by ComradeP - 06-11-2022, 07:38 AM