• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
06-11-2022, 07:14 AM,
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR
Turn 52 12:00 26th of August 1914

[Image: WbxWEdg.jpg]

I'm not really sure what happened with 1st Army on this day, as some parts remained in position whilst others moved forwards. Maybe some units were still recovering losses or shaking off Fatigue. I'm fairly sure I didn't trigger a T release for several divisions.

Quiet in the north...

[Image: ez80dsu.jpg]

...and not much time for lunch for the men of 1. Reserve Division as two Russian corps advance against them.

[Image: vh8aPye.jpg]

Slow but steady movement south by XVII Armeekorps. At this point, I was hoping an encirclement of 2nd Army might be possible, but I thought it was still unlikely as guarding the bridges across the Omulew would not be that difficult.

I don't think the encirclement could've worked if I had advanced through Willenberg. I had to feint weakness or at least keep him guessing where my units were. I also don't think he had identified 35. ID at this point.

[Image: mcgS74h.jpg]

As expected, a battalion from 41. ID bumped into an infantry/MG stack, though losses were thankfully not that high.

37. ID will soon cross the Omulew again, more or less retracing the path one of its brigades took when withdrawing earlier.

[Image: zLMsTb1.jpg]

Hauptreserve Thorn makes contact with Russians south of Soldau. The formation is too weak to force the Russian line, but it can keep the Russians honest. A regular Russian infantry division being occupied by a Landwehr formation is a good trade.

The marshes slow down I. Armeekorps, but also make Russian flanking attacks impossible. That allows me to take a bit more risk with moving units around in T-mode. To avoid additional traffic jams, I sent 2. ID through the marshes a bit further north and 1. ID and 1. Kavallerie Division through Zlotowo.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - by ComradeP - 06-11-2022, 07:14 AM