• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
06-11-2022, 06:45 AM,
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR
Turn 44 12:00 25th of August 1914

[Image: mGbunqX.jpg]

3. Reserve Division has nearly completed its, second, strategic redeployment by train. One brigade and divisional assets will deploy west of Insterburg, the second brigade will deploy west of Svoboda.

[Image: GCMC57o.jpg]

The usual calm before the storm in the I Reservekorps area, units are recovering Fatigue and replacing a handful of losses. With higher replacement values, German losses would probably be (nearly) fully replaced each time 1st Army is Fixed. 

[Image: 1NqBfPh.jpg]

36. ID is moving forwards in two columns. Deploying brigades 25 kilometres or so apart is perhaps not very realistic for WWI, but a low unit density suits the difficult terrain.

35. ID has yet to arrive in strength. With the redeployment of 3. Reserve Division nearing completion, transport will become available for 35. ID.

[Image: gqKvbdQ.jpg]

The Russians are moving south/south-west, but there are still divisions in the woods directly in front of XX Armeekorps. Bumping into stacks in the forest can be painful. Units can only move 2 hexes in Forest terrain so you can either move 1 hex each turn or 2 hexes and hope your unit doesn't end up next to infantry/MG stacks. Revealing hostile units by walking into enemy fire is a common theme in FWWC.

[Image: gXIEWi4.jpg]

The Russians are redeploying to deal with the defeat of 15th Cavalry Division, but there's still a big concentration near Soldau whereas I Armeekorps is west of Mlawa by now.

I got the impression that my opponent wasn't sure whether I would attack at Soldau or keep moving south. The uncertainty slowed his response and would play a big part in allowing the western pincer of the pocket to form.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - by ComradeP - 06-11-2022, 06:45 AM