• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
06-11-2022, 06:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2022, 06:29 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR
Turn 41 06:00 25th of August 1914

[Image: 8zweYVo.jpg]

In the rear towards Koenigsberg, positions are prepared north and south of the Pregel river.

Hauptreserve Koenigsberg will pull back out of Russian LOS as usual, to make sure they don't trigger a Russian release.

I intended to use the area east of Wehlau as a staging area for one of the corps in the south or possibly reinforcements from the Western Front in case 1st Army advanced very slowly or favourable conditions in the south allowed for a corps to be relocated north.

[Image: nZ3XkI0.jpg]

The lull caused by the 1st Army Fix/Release schedule allows me to redeploy forces and gives units a turn or two of rest. The uncertainty of when 1st Army will be released on a certain day means I have to maintain a credible frontline presence and can't leave gaps in the line.

[Image: 686DoSF.jpg]

36. ID has completed its strategic redeployment. Its units will move south/south-east.

[Image: dOisUYQ.jpg]

XX Armeekorps is preparing to move south. I kept the units around Neidenburg in position for a while, in case the Russian advance would continue.

37. ID is still assembling, the tail end moves in from Ortelsburg.

[Image: OdoK4XD.jpg]

Hauptreserve Thorn is moving south through Lautenburg and across the Wel river. Its lead Landwehr brigade is already at Zielun.

I Armeekorps is moving south using a secondary road west of Soldau, outflanking the Russians. Most of the 15th Cavalry Division is destroyed or nearly trapped, though a couple of companies will survive.

It's difficult to see due to the similar counter colours, but most of 1. ID is still a bit behind 2. ID and mixed with units from Hauptreserve Graudenz. The 1. ID cavalry is at the tip of the spear, chasing some Russian Lancer companies from 15th Cavalry Division.

The cavalry brigade moving south through Lautenburg formed a useful "pincer". There were no Russian units guarding the bridges either at Lautenburg or at Zielun.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - by ComradeP - 06-11-2022, 06:23 AM