• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
05-29-2022, 05:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 05:16 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR
Turn 28 12:00 23rd of August 1914

[Image: GPJQOVe.jpg]

The calm before the storm. To the west, you can see units from Festung Koenigsberg preparing defensive positions. Again, I picked a forward position instead of hiding behind a river. This would allow me to move units from the Western Front or the 2nd Army sector (after it had been halted) into a bridgehead, instead of having to cross a river.

[Image: 0SwEDOZ.jpg]

Another quiet sector.

[Image: 5F59f9q.jpg]

The column has reached Rastenburg, the rearguard of 36. ID is in Angerburg.

[Image: rncX0aY.jpg]

Peace and quiet.

[Image: jGyoWBY.jpg]

It's clear at this point that the Russians are concentrating west of the Omulew river. The forces pushing north against 41. ID and 37. ID are moving into a funnel, bordered by 1 hex lakes and the Omulew. It's not difficult to hold that area.

[Image: fpAX8RD.jpg]

At this point, an opportunity clearly presented itself: 6th Cavalry Division was not adjacent to 15th Cavalry Division, with 2nd Infantry Division in between. If all the forces I had in the area would be Hauptreserve Graudenz, that would be a good move as the cavalry could turn my flank. In this case, it would make what will soon happen very problematic for the Russians.

A brigade of 1. Kavallerie Division is detached to assist the single battalion north of Lautenburg. I didn't want to play Catch the Cossack with some forces advancing into the rear whilst I was dealing with 15th Cavalry Division.

The rest of the division uses woods to screen its presence, patiently waiting for the Russians to move closer as Hauptreserve Graudenz slowly withdraws.

I Armeekorps is converging on Usdau, taking care to stay out of Russian LOS.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - by ComradeP - 05-29-2022, 05:13 AM