• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
05-29-2022, 04:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 04:59 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR
Turn 20 12:00 22st of August 1914

[Image: a1XTjZf.jpg]

1st Army is still Fixed, as it has no release chance on the 22nd.

Gemischte Landwehr Brigade 2 will form up at Mehlauten and dig in at the edge of the forest.

Hauptreserve Koenigsberg will fight a delaying action for most of the game.

[Image: 8lnSBCQ.jpg]

1. Reserve Division is resting on the plateau west of Darkehmen.

The rearguard of 37. ID is moving south.

[Image: n6soFQi.jpg]

I wasn't sure where I wanted Gemischte Landwehr Brigade 6 to go at this point, and if the Russians would try to assault Feste Boyen. It's occupying bunkers at Lötzen for the movement. As mentioned earlier, it will move to Nikolaiken soon.

The great redeployment through Angerburg is nearly complete.

[Image: ERebIVr.jpg]

Not much happening here, not a Russian in sight.

[Image: 2OBH43b.jpg]

A subtle, but eventual crucial Russian move: VI Army Corps moves west. It leaves nothing but a weak Cossack screen behind.

At this point, I thought the corps would be used for an advance on both sides of the Omulew to outflank my defenses in Willenberg. That's why the cavalry of 37. ID is pushing forward into the marsh, to spot the road VI Army Corps is taking.

[Image: sBU4SK9.jpg]

Concerning the deployment of I Armeekorps, I considered two options: north of Neidenburg to stop a dangerous Russian push when it developed or further west to strike forces advance north from Neidenburg in the flank.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - by ComradeP - 05-29-2022, 04:39 AM