• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - major victory turn 114
05-29-2022, 01:31 AM,
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR
The Russian army is much "simpler" in terms of unit types involved than the German army. Only two-three types of infantry and cavalry.

[Image: sOaqVgj.jpg]

As far as I know, my opponent didn't pick the "Tragedy! Send in the Guard!" strategy choice, so I won't show the Russian Guards stats.

Russian infantry units have a higher Assault rating and a lower Defense rating compared the German units. The in-game effect is modest.

Historically, Russian Reserve units were of a poor quality, due to the Reserves being neglected in terms of training and equipment. The in-game Reserve units are not that bad. They're similar to poor quality Austro-Hungarian units, which are D-E quality but are properly equipped. They're D quality, but still have an SA value of 2.  An SA value of 1 would've made them little more than an armed mob, admittedly.

The Russians and Germans both have 2 MG's per battalion, but the Russians have 4 battalions in each regiment instead of 3 for the Germans so their MG units have 8 MG's (1 MG=15 Men). Due to poor training, Russian MG and field artillery units are D (regular division) or E (reserve) quality.

The Russians have numerous cavalry types, like the Germans, but only 2 types with different stats due to modernization of the cavalry. Cossacks are mostly fast D (cavalry division)-E (Corps assets) quality units. There are C quality Guard Cossack units as well. All the cavalry in non-Guards cavalry divisions is D quality.

The Russians have 3 indirect fire artillery types, but only a small number of units in total. Corps usually have 12 122mm Howitzers. On Army level, there are a few  107-122mm units. 1st Army also receives a siege artillery train with vintage guns from the 1870's. They are not actually flagged as siege artillery due to how old the guns are.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prussia in Peril - East Prussia '14 Central Powers AAR - by ComradeP - 05-29-2022, 01:31 AM