• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Seeking opponent for WDS Campaign Gettysburg
05-17-2022, 01:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2022, 03:10 AM by Sgt Jasper.)
Opponent Wanted  Seeking opponent for WDS Campaign Gettysburg
with one tweak. I altered the wagon road movement to one in the pdt, rather than two, bringing it in line with the rest of the WDS/JTS ACW games. Would like an adventuresome opponent for a large scenario, or full campaign, using this change. That's the only change I made, and I've seen no unintended consequences in my solitaire testing.

I've been disappointed in this game since it first came out because the low road movement for wagons made it pretty much unplayable, IMHO. I kept hoping one of the many patches would change it to the same rate as the other Tiller/WDS ACW games, and finally decided to do it myself.

I've been mucking about in the 20th Century, gaming-wise, for the last decade or so, and would like a whiff of black powder now.

Anybody interested?
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2022, 04:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2022, 05:31 AM by 2-81 Armor.)
RE: Seeking opponent for WDS Campaign Gettysburg
(05-17-2022, 01:49 AM)Sgt Jasper Wrote: with one tweak. I altered the wagon road movement to one in the pdt, rather than two, bringing it in line with the rest of the WDS/JTS ACW games. Would like an adventuresome opponent for a large scenario, or full campaign, using this change. That's the only change I made, and I've seen no unintended consequences in my solitaire testing.

I've been disappointed in this game since it first came out because the low road movement for wagons made it pretty much unplayable, IMHO. I kept hoping one of the many patches would change it to the same rate as the other Tiller/WDS ACW games, and finally decided to do it myself.

I've been mucking about in the 20th Century, gaming-wise, for the last decade or so, and would like a whiff of black powder now.

Anybody interested?

I'm interested, but I wonder if you'd consider taking a look at a large scenario for Gettysburg that I uploaded here sometime back?

It features a new, very large map (Cashtown to Westminster) that was specially created by David Freer of WDS for me, revised OOB's, weather effects, and revised supply rates.

I don't recall ever changing wagon movement rates during the 18 months or so I design this and tested, but that's easy enough to do with manual pdt editing.

The whole package is available here on The Blitz, in the Black Powder Scenario Design section.

Since I put version 2 up, it's gotten only one download. Why, I don't know, but based on that  I doubt it will ever get played much.

Somewhat of a disappointment for me personally, but that's the breaks.

The package contains 3 variants, and weather effects for all three (which actually makes a total of 6 scenarios). They are all very long clocking in at 4-5 days, but this of course can be shortened with the editor.

I hope you'll take a look. If you like, I'd be happy to play you taking either side.
05-17-2022, 09:51 AM,
(05-17-2022, 04:58 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 01:49 AM)Sgt Jasper Wrote: with one tweak. I altered the wagon road movement to one in the pdt, rather than two, bringing it in line with the rest of the WDS/JTS ACW games. Would like an adventuresome opponent for a large scenario, or full campaign, using this change. That's the only change I made, and I've seen no unintended consequences in my solitaire testing.

Anybody interested?

I'm interested, but I wonder if you'd consider taking a look at a large scenario for Gettysburg that I uploaded here sometime back?

It features a new, very large map (Cashtown to Westminster) that was specially created by David Freer of WDS for me, revised OOB's, weather effects, and revised supply rates.

I don't recall ever changing wagon movement rates during the 18 months or so I design this and tested, but that's easy enough to do with manual pdt editing.

The whole package is available here on The Blitz, in the Black Powder Scenario Design section.

Since I put version 2 up, it's gotten only one download. Why, I don't know, but based on that  I doubt it will ever get played much.

The package contains 3 variants, and weather effects for all three (which actually makes a total of 6 scenarios). They are all very long clocking in at 4-5 days, but this of course can be shortened with the editor.

I hope you'll take a look. If you like, I'd be happy to play you taking either side.
I'll check it out. Obviously it's not what I was looking for, but I'll check it out.
05-17-2022, 12:57 PM,
(05-17-2022, 09:51 AM)Sgt Jasper Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 04:58 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:

Anybody interested?

I'll check it out. Obviously it's not what I was looking for, but I'll check it out.
Thanks for taking a look. No problem at all if you're not interested after reviewing.
05-17-2022, 07:09 PM,

Isn't that tweak included in v4.01 according to the changelog?
05-18-2022, 12:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2022, 12:09 AM by Sgt Jasper.)
(05-17-2022, 07:09 PM)LarkinVB Wrote:

Isn't that tweak included in v4.01 according to the changelog?
Propeller Hat LOL - You're right. After all these years I had despaired of it happening when it wasn't changed it 4.0 and hadn't even checked in the 4.01 patch. Didn't even download it - figured, why bother. Big Laugh

Soo.... Wanna play?