• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Beta release of Bolt out of the Blue V10.0.
06-21-2022, 07:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-21-2022, 07:46 AM by DaveK.)
RE: Beta release of Bolt out of the Blue V10.0.
I played something like 100 PBEM turns of Bolt during COVID work-from-home, but ended up getting sidetracked by moving, work travel, and returning to the office and had to stop playing.

As much as I admire the great work that went into it, it's objectively a miserable scenario.  The unit density is far too high, the loss of 2-hex range for all WP units but a few T-80s is crippling against NATO 2-hex units, and it's impossible to breakthrough anywhere; rivers might as well be the Alps.  Within 30 turns, it literally becomes World War One with MBTs.  That might be realistic-- see Donbas-- but it's not at all fun, it's a grind.  I even went nuclear and chemical to try to break out, and all I did was trap more WP units in death pockets.

And this latest scenario redesign made it *worse*-- losing on-map helicopters takes away one of the few effective maneuver/fires tools in the game. 

Again, I hate to sound harsh, I really genuinely admire the work that went into this, but I regretfully put nearly a year into a scenario that does not work.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beta release of Bolt out of the Blue V10.0. - by DaveK - 06-21-2022, 07:44 AM