• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F 40 Gold Can't report a game
04-13-2022, 02:32 AM,
F 40 Gold Can't report a game
The Prucha scenarios aren't listed. Can't make any comments about them either. jonny :(
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2022, 06:42 AM,
RE: F 40 Gold Can't report a game
(04-13-2022, 02:32 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: The Prucha scenarios aren't listed. Can't make any comments about them either. jonny :(

I think we had this come up before, it was something about the way he had listed them in the title , I believe he did not follow the tried and tested HPS/JTS/WDS format with perhaps the scenario designation number missing?

I don't have F40 on my PC, but I am 99% sure the Prucha scenarios are listed because John (Green) help me to enter them about 18 months back, if there are no scenario designation numbers showing in the scenario description then view the scenario files in the game folder and see if you can match the file number to the F40 scenario listings?

Yes, I just looked in my PM's and this is the issue, for example instead of listing a scenario #1012_03_Dordrecht "The Dutch Counterattack" it is just "The Dutch Counterattack" so you need to find the file number of the scenario you played Wink
04-14-2022, 12:37 AM,
(04-13-2022, 06:42 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 02:32 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: The Prucha scenarios aren't listed. Can't make any comments about them either. jonny :(

I think we had this come up before, it was something about the way he had listed them in the title , I believe he did not follow the tried and tested HPS/JTS/WDS format with perhaps the scenario designation number missing?

I don't have F40 on my PC, but I am 99% sure the Prucha scenarios are listed because John (Green) help me to enter them about 18 months back, if there are no scenario designation numbers showing in the scenario description then view the scenario files in the game folder and see if you can match the file number to the F40 scenario listings?

Yes, I just looked in my PM's and this is the issue, for example instead of listing a scenario #1012_03_Dordrecht "The Dutch Counterattack" it is just "The Dutch Counterattack" so you need to find the file number of the scenario you played Wink
OK got it thanks! jonny
04-14-2022, 06:46 AM,
OK that's great, I believe he hopes to put this issue right in a future update.  Smile
04-17-2022, 01:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2022, 01:15 AM by Mike Prucha.)
We are indeed working on update which will fix this issue, among other things. It's been slow going as there are a ton of fixes, improvements, and some new content. Just to give you a taste of what is happening to F40, take a look at the new jump map:

.png   F40_Jump.png (Size: 39.92 KB / Downloads: 36)
04-17-2022, 01:25 AM,
(04-17-2022, 01:15 AM)Mike Prucha Wrote: We are indeed working on update which will fix this issue, among other things. It's been slow going as there are a ton of fixes, improvements, and some new content. Just to give you a taste of what is happening to F40, take a look at the new jump map:

I know you've put so very much work on this game. I hope you can fix the search function that would make it easier for the French player to find his units and commanders. Right now it generally points them to Belgian and not French units. Also I hope you can make RIVERS more easily discernible from streams. It's really easy to confuse them in a gigantic monster game. Thanks, jonny
04-17-2022, 03:53 AM,
(04-17-2022, 01:15 AM)Mike Prucha Wrote: We are indeed working on update which will fix this issue, among other things. It's been slow going as there are a ton of fixes, improvements, and some new content. Just to give you a taste of what is happening to F40, take a look at the new jump map:

love the Jump map! all of the invasion covered it looks like? An Enormous campaign game perhaps? I can't wait!
04-17-2022, 09:19 PM,
Holy crap! As if the campaign game wasn't big enough already! And I second the motion on improving the search function. Searching for any unit is difficult since the search function requires an exact match. There needs to be a wild card ability, or the ability for the search to return any characters in the string, not just an exact match.
04-22-2022, 09:27 PM,
(04-17-2022, 09:19 PM)LordDeadwood Wrote: Holy crap! As if the campaign game wasn't big enough already! And I second the motion on improving the search function. Searching for any unit is difficult since the search function requires an exact match. There needs to be a wild card ability, or the ability for the search to return any characters in the string, not just an exact match.
An easy fix would be to designate Belgian command units with HQ rather than the QG that the French also have.   jonny Rolling Eyes