• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
06-23-2022, 03:41 PM,
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
Turn 23 - 2d/28th Infantry
Over at Firebase LOUISIANA 5, the arrival of the first platoon from A Company has signaled the preparation for the rest of the battalion to arrive and prepare to laager over night.
[Image: file.php?id=1139167]
North of Hill 171, B Company has secured all of the objectives and one of the B Company platoons will attempt to attack Hill 171 with the support of the gunships from D/1st/4th. Will it be a bloodbath? I hope not, although I lost a Loach trying to hunt them down.
[Image: file.php?id=1139168]
South of Hill 171 is the other Viet Cong position, which has been identified as an RPG team and Reconnaissance platoon. The nearby Hogs rocketed the area, to no avail. The platoons will maneuver as described in the screenshot for the next two turns so I position them in a Surround Assault position.
[Image: file.php?id=1139169]
The circled position is the LRRP unit that has boarded the 2SP Slicks and is heading into Cambodia. You can see there are three target landing zones deep in Cambodia, although I have yet to decide where I will head. The longer I survive in Cambodia, the more Event Points I will gain. If I can hunt down supplies, that will be additional bonuses!
[Image: file.php?id=1139170]
The remaining two A Company platoons are meandering back to Loc Ninh for transport to the Firebase. One platoon has arrived at the airfield and the other is about to be loaded onto trucks to make a faster trip to Loc Ninh.
[Image: file.php?id=1139171]
Here is an overview of the situation at Loc Ninh with the 2d/28th Battalion HQ highlighted, so you can identify the subordinate units.
[Image: file.php?id=1139172]
Seems I forgot about the Engineer that is tasked with 2d/28th, it is still attempting to clear QL13 before the end of the day.
[Image: file.php?id=1139173]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR - by Jason Petho - 06-23-2022, 03:41 PM