• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
06-19-2022, 04:31 AM,
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
Turn 22 - 2d/28th Infantry
Over at the Firebase at LZ LOUISIANA 5, we are waiting patiently for the 2d/28th Task Force to start arriving. The Construction Engineer is here waiting for some Chinooks while the Dozers are meandering to the next Landing Zone.
[Image: file.php?id=1138664]
On the northern boundary, the LRRP was unloaded from the helicopters and then secured the two objectives on the boundary. NOTE: With the 1.21 UPDATE, these two objectives are INCLUDED with the Area LOUISIANA zone, since they are on the boundary. Prior to this they were not and would have flagged an error. I will need to adjust the Objective Point value though from 0 to 1 in a future update.
[Image: file.php?id=1138665]
It seems I forgot to take a screenshot of B/2d/28th. Nothing new to report as the two platoons in the north were continuing to clear their sector while the 3rd platoon is on the southwest side of Hill 171 waiting for the opportunity to strike, as shown in the screenshot of the previous post.
C/2d/28th is preparing for their assault on the known Viet Cong position that is highlighted below. It will take a few turns yet and I will bring in some additional gunship support to help. It is important I keep my casualties low in this scenario as there is A LOT to do in the coming days.
[Image: file.php?id=1138666]
A/2d/28th has one of the platoons already onboard helicopters and flying towards Hill 171 (right side of the screenshot). I haven't yet decided if I will land at LZ LOUISIANA 2 (left side of the screenshot), or continue on to the firebase. It will depend on how confident I feel with the Hogs doing their job.
[Image: file.php?id=1138667]
The remainder of A/2d/28th is closing in on the airfield to be airlifted where the platoons are needed.
[Image: file.php?id=1138668]
The rest of the battalion is setting up shop. I have highlighted a few locations that I will be building defences to help protect the important base at Loc Ninh. Remember that I will need to keep the heavy weapons, logistics and main headquarters here in Loc Ninh, so need to ensure it is protected against any Viet Cong attack.
[Image: file.php?id=1138669]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR - by Jason Petho - 06-19-2022, 04:31 AM