• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
05-31-2022, 12:37 PM,
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
Turn 20 - 2d/28th Infantry
The Firebase at LZ LOUISIANA 5 has been completed. Unfortunately, I made a mistake and after all the years of building trenches, I hadn't come across this particular situation. If you build a trench, the trenches will negate any path or road type that goes through it, meaning that any unit will use the movement cost of the general terrain of the hex. In this case, the dozers could not drive into a flooded paddy, so I have to send them down the road to the nearest Landing Zone in order for the chinooks to take them to the next destination.
[Image: file.php?id=1136906]
The LRRP that has been operating along the northern boundary has cleared most of the objectives and will be heading to LZ LOUISIANA 1 in order to be picked up by some slicks before operating in Cambodia.
[Image: file.php?id=1136907]
South of there is B Company, continuing to secure the northern villages within Area LOUISIANA. One of the platoons are moving into position around Hill 171 in order to keep an eye on the known Viet Cong position there.
[Image: file.php?id=1136908]
C Company is moving into position to ambush the other known VC position know just to the northwest of the Prek Tatee label on the screenshot. It will take a few turns in order to be in position, but there is progress being made.
[Image: file.php?id=1136909]
The first platoon from A Company has arrived at Loc Ninh. The other platoons are on the way to join and then will assault close to Hill 171 for a final attack there before heading to the Firebase.
[Image: file.php?id=1136910]
The rest of 2d/28th Infantry has arrived at Loc Ninh and I will organize some defences of the town.
[Image: file.php?id=1136911]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR - by Jason Petho - 05-31-2022, 12:37 PM