• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
04-21-2022, 03:16 PM,
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
Turn 12 - General
Logistics, what the heck! I have to worry about logistics too? Oh yes, that is one of the elements that will make these A Week in scenarios a little different and fun! I will have to move the 2d/28th Logistics Company from An Loc up to Loc Ninh. Fortunately, I had been moving them already, but they are stuck in a traffic jam south of the river where I am attempting to build a bridge.
[Image: file.php?id=1132264]
I have a couple helicopters that I need to land, and my engineers have cleared a roadblock on QL13 south of the river crossing. Some headquarters are out of ammo for the turn, but a couple are moving, so that makes sense.
[Image: file.php?id=1132265]
Turn 12 - 2d/28th Infantry
Utilizing the Loach and Hogs, I've tracked down the sniper that shot at the Aero Rifle platoon from D/1st/4th Cavalry. You can see that hiding in the jungle here. Unfortunately, the Hog's weren't effective in the very nasty terrain.
[Image: file.php?id=1132266]
The LRRP team to the north is making very good progress and will continue meandering the trails to the next objectives along the northern part of Area LOUISIANA.
[Image: file.php?id=1132267]
B/2d/28th Infantry is meandering in the jungle, although as the Chinooks were flying over head, a Viet Cong machine gun opened fire, raking the sky. Fortunately, no damage was sustained by that has given me a target now for the company to deal with. I will secure the Objectives first and then assault with A/2d/28th Infantry onto Hill 171 to deal with the Viet Cong unit/units there.
[Image: file.php?id=1132268]
[Image: file.php?id=1132269]
C/2d/28th Infantry is now operating in unison and is about to cross into Area LOUISIANA. Note on the left that I landed the second LRRP unit to assist the company secure some locations. Once these are done, I'll fly the LRRP unit to Cambodia.
[Image: file.php?id=1132270]
To the east, A/2d/28th Infantry is the most productive company, securing the eastern area of Area ALABAMA with limited losses. That will change when they are heading into Area LOUISIANA though.
[Image: file.php?id=1132271]
Down on QL13, the Engineering task force is attempting to build a bridge across the river. Alas, no joy this turn. I will continue. The Blocks/mines south of the river and mostly cleared now. It will be to build the bridge and hope to clear the traffic jam that has been created... in the middle of the jungle.
[Image: file.php?id=1132272]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR - by Jason Petho - 04-21-2022, 03:16 PM