• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
04-18-2022, 04:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2022, 04:09 AM by Jason Petho.)
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
Turn 10 - General
We had some contact in Area ALASKA, with the sniper that caused one of the platoons to suffer some casualties. Otherwise, the Viet Cong have been pretty quiet so far. I have some Slicks that need to land as they are low on fuel and the ARVN are continuing to build Improved Positions in the areas they are fixed.
[Image: file.php?id=1131875]

Turn 10 - 2d/28th Infantry
The Aero Rifle Platoon from D/1st/4th Cavalry is a turn away from securing the three hamlets in the far western side of Area LOUISIANA.
[Image: file.php?id=1131876]

To the north of the Aero Rifle Platoon is the LRRP unit, it is advancing quickly along the trails in the northwest part of Area LOUISIANA.
[Image: file.php?id=1131877]

And some good news for LZ LOUISIANA 5. My Chinooks have landed and unloaded the Dozers. It will take a bit longer to unload the Construction Engineers here, as they have more equipment as part of the platoon. I can start building the Improved Positions and then upgrade them to Trenches with both of these units. Once I build two of them, I will gain the extra Event Points for following instructions and building a Firebase at this location.
[Image: file.php?id=1131879]

B/2d/28th Infantry is pushing into Area LOUISIANA. It is spread out a bit, but the platoons are still close enough to support each other if one of them run into some Viet Cong.
[Image: file.php?id=1131881]

C/2d/28th is a couple turns away from entering Area LOUISIANA as a whole, they will spread out and start securing as much as the visible Victory Locations as possible.
[Image: file.php?id=1131883]

A/2d/28th, operating to the east of Loc Ninh, is making excellent progress and have reached the valley floor and started securing the hamlets closer to the eastern boundary of Area ALABAMA.
[Image: file.php?id=1131885]

Down south along QL13, the Engineering Task Force is making some slow progress. I'll have to be building a bridge at this location (north part of the screenshot). The road north of the new bridge has some minefields and blocks, so I still believe this mission will take most of the day, unfortunately.
[Image: file.php?id=1131887]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR - by Jason Petho - 04-18-2022, 04:05 AM