• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
04-15-2022, 10:53 AM,
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
Turn 7 - General
This provides a pretty good summary of what's been going on during the last turn. I have found some IED's, which have caused some casualties, one of the platoons have recovered from the disruption though. My engineers south of Loc Ninh are making some progress in clearing QL13. Three Headquarters had unlucky die rolls, although I believe two of them are moving in the 1st/16th convoy, so that makes sense. You'll notice that the National Police unit has been building some Improved Positions. Basically, if an ARVN unit is in a hex and fixed without an improved position, they were tasked with building one.
[Image: file.php?id=1131575]
Turn 7 -2d/28th Infantry
Let's start over in the west by the border. My first LRRP section has landed. It will operate north of the LZ LOUISIANNA 5 Firebase. Since it moves the quickest, hopefully we can secure the locations pretty quickly. I am concerned about ambushes against the LRRP unit, but I'm rolling the die to see what happens.
[Image: file.php?id=1131576]
To the south, the Aero Rifle Platoon has secured the first hamlet with a few more to go. You can see how close we are operating to the border.
[Image: file.php?id=1131577]
Here is the operating area for B/2d/28th Infantry. This is the northeastern part of Area LOUISIANA. I am expecting some resistance here, so will have to be a bit cautious.
[Image: file.php?id=1131578]
C/2d/28th Infantry will meander along the southern edge here of Area ALABAMA before crossing the area boundary (the red = signs) and starting the clearing of Area LOUISIANA.
[Image: file.php?id=1131579]
To the east of Loc Ninh, we can see A/2d/28th creating the ridge and securing the plantation in the area. There are still additional objectives to the east of the ridge, but so far, so good.
[Image: file.php?id=1131580]
The Dozers and Construction Engineers have arrived via Chinooks, which have stopped off in Loc Ninh to refuel before heading to LZ LOUISIANA 5.
[Image: file.php?id=1131581]
And lastly, the very slow progress of the highway clearing along QL13 from An Loc to Loc Ninh. This will take the majority of the day for the Engineer Task Force.
[Image: file.php?id=1131582]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR - by Jason Petho - 04-15-2022, 10:53 AM