• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
04-04-2022, 06:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 06:21 AM by Jason Petho.)
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
And so it begins.

The very start of the scenario will reveal the tasks at hand for the first day of the week.

Here is the scenario briefing in the scenario list. There are two things to take away from the introduction:
  • 1. What the overall intercepted suspected plan is of the VC and NVA.

• 2. It says that the days will start out fairly straight forward and get more complicated as the days progress.

[Image: file.php?id=1129575]

After loading up, we are provided with the SMEAC, outlying the first days instructions. Here they are:

[Image: file.php?id=1129576]

[Image: file.php?id=1129571]
[Image: file.php?id=1129572]

There is a lot to take away from this mission briefing. Here are some of the highlights that I am clearly paying attention to:
  • 1. I am in command of a brigade sized unit, to start.
  • 2. Each battalion will be assigned a new area every day. The areas are defined by the red "=" signs on the map as labels.
  • 3. The 3rd Brigade HQ will remain at Lai Khe while the 3rd Brigade TF Headquarters will move to Loc Ninh
  • 4. 2/28th will be operating in Area ALABAMA and LOUISIANNA during the day and construct a firebase at LZ LOUISIANNA 5, where it will laager for the night.
  • 5. There is an engineering group that will clear the road from An Loc to Loc Ninh
  • 6. 1/16th will find its way to Area ALASKA where it will secure the area and laager for the night.
  • 7. We are not in a free fire zone, so I have to be wary of where I plot artillery and airstrikes.
  • 8. Supplies will dwindle as the scenario continues, but it appears that I will be keep an eye on logistics.
    Let's take a look at the scenario map. This is the jump map, showing just how much area the scenario covers.

[Image: file.php?id=1129573]

As mentioned above, the primary operating area is split up in the named areas, as in the screenshot below. Each of these named areas will be a mission for the battalions as the week progresses.

[Image: file.php?id=1129574]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR - by Jason Petho - 04-04-2022, 06:18 AM