• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
07-13-2022, 02:18 AM,
RE: A Week in Binh Long - The forever AAR
Turn 25 - 1st/16th Infantry
A Company of the 1st/16th is on the way back to An Loc, these are going to be the main positions for this company, protecting the western approaches.
[Image: file.php?id=1141359]
B company is down in the south, working on the defences of the southern abandoned airfield. Seems to be going well thus far though.
[Image: file.php?id=1141360]
And here is the rest of the battalion settling in around An Loc. I intend on building a ring of defences, hopefully trenches, to help defend the city against attack.
[Image: file.php?id=1141361]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2022, 02:19 AM,
Turn 25 - 3rd Brigade Headquarters
The Chinooks have headed north, it is just the main headquarters units down here now. Still digging in.
[Image: file.php?id=1141363]
Here you can see the Chinooks just taking off from Chon Thanh after dropping off their engineers and dozers.
[Image: file.php?id=1141364]
Send this user an email
07-16-2022, 02:10 PM,
Turn 26 - General

My helicopters appear low on fuel, so will have to send them back to refuel ASAP. Otherwise the overall situation is alright. I have a couple of airstrikes on standby in case of I need them and I had a unit recovering morale and build an improved positions. Progress!
[Image: file.php?id=1141662]
Turn 26 - D/1st/4th Cavalry
The Aero Rifle platoon continues meandering through the trails south of Firebase LZ LOUISIANA 5, you can see the planned route identified in the screenshot below.
[Image: file.php?id=1141664]
Here we can see the helicopter elements of D Troop as they have attacked the Hill 171 position. The Viet Cong has retreated from their position, allowing potential for the B Company platoons from 2d/28th Infantry.
[Image: file.php?id=1141667]
To the south, not as much luck with the so the helicopter were sent back towards Loc Ninh.
[Image: file.php?id=1141668]
Send this user an email
07-16-2022, 02:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2022, 02:38 PM by Jason Petho.)
Turn 26 - 2d/28th Infantry
Our LRRP operating in Cambodia. We see a big clearing ahead! We will find a nice spot along treeline and dig in for a bit, see what can be spotted.
[Image: file.php?id=1141669]
Over at Firebase LZ LOUISIANA 5, the elements are digging in and heading out on patrol. I'll be transporting troops here over the next dozen turns or so, it will get pretty busy at this firebase!
[Image: file.php?id=1141670]
Here you can see elements of A Company securing the base and heading south to secure the last points in the area. I should be patrolling in the jungle. Should be...
[Image: file.php?id=1141672]
B Company is making some success with dealing with Hill 171 due to the helicopters from D Troop, the other platoons are heading to the hill as fast as possible.
[Image: file.php?id=1141673]
Down in the C Company combat area, we have the Viet Cong Reconnaissance platoon surrounded and attempting to cause casualties.
[Image: file.php?id=1141674]
The overall situation at Loc Ninh. You can see the rest of the battalion organizing and building defences still around the town. I am showing the intended movement to another defended position north of Loc Ninh.
[Image: file.php?id=1141675]
The Engineer assigned to D/2d/28th Infantry is at the very last mine on the highway. Then its mission will be over for the day, so will spend the night in Loc Ninh.
[Image: file.php?id=1141676]
Send this user an email
07-16-2022, 02:42 PM,
Turn 26 - 1st/16th Infantry
The mission for 1st/16th Infantry is completed, now it is just a matter of organizing a defence. To the west of the city of An Loc, A Company is finding their locations and will start building in this sector
[Image: file.php?id=1141677]
My experience in the south of Area ALASKA is going well. I brought in some additional support in the form of supplies and artillery. B Company is digging in efficiently.
[Image: file.php?id=1141678]
C Company is still trying to break ground in the hills south of An Loc.
[Image: file.php?id=1141679]
Here is the overall disposition of 1st/16th Infantry. Things are in good order for this battalion and losses have been minimal for Day 1. Most of the casualties have been from the mines or IED's, with a loss from a sniper earlier in the day.
[Image: file.php?id=1141681]
Send this user an email
07-16-2022, 02:44 PM,
Turn 26 - 3d Brigade Headquarters
Nothing happening around the 3d Brigade Headquarters. Digging in still is continuing.
[Image: file.php?id=1141682]
Send this user an email