• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Clearing Rubble
03-24-2022, 09:26 AM,
Clearing Rubble
I know there have been a number of posts about the difficulty of clearing rubble. I just wanted to post a "real-life" success story! 

In the image below, I cleared the rubble from the hex in red with three engineer companies although, as you can see, one of them got disrupted at some point. I'm not 100% sure how long it took, but I don't think it was too long, maybe 5-10 turns at most.[Image: Rubble%21.jpg] 
This is Normandy '44 Gold version - we started our game before the 4.0 version came out so we are continuing it that way. This seems to be a good task for the hoards of engineer units the Allies have once they have gotten off the beach (and managed to get un-disrupted). My only complaint now is that the appearance of the hex doesn't change... To look at it you can't see any difference between "RUBBLE" and "Rubble".
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2022, 01:20 PM,
RE: Clearing Rubble
(03-24-2022, 09:26 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote: I know there have been a number of posts about the difficulty of clearing rubble. I just wanted to post a "real-life" success story! 

In the image below, I cleared the rubble from the hex in red with three engineer companies although, as you can see, one of them got disrupted at some point. I'm not 100% sure how long it took, but I don't think it was too long, maybe 5-10 turns at most.[Image: Rubble%21.jpg] 
This is Normandy '44 Gold version - we started our game before the 4.0 version came out so we are continuing it that way. This seems to be a good task for the hoards of engineer units the Allies have once they have gotten off the beach (and managed to get un-disrupted). My only complaint now is that the appearance of the hex doesn't change... To look at it you can't see any difference between "RUBBLE" and "Rubble".

On larger campaigns you will often find my engineers clearing the rubble along my supply lines.
Quote this message in a reply