• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Combat results
02-28-2022, 08:25 AM,
Combat results
Am I missing something? Since the update I no longer see the combat results when loading my opponents turn. I see all the visible units firing but no results not even for my units. Is this the way it is supposed to be or is it a bug? I understand that I would not know the results of what happens to enemy units but it would be nice to see if any of my units take casualties. It works just fine for when I fire.
I have the report details set to high.
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2022, 10:15 AM,
RE: Combat results
It is working as intended. With enhanced FOW, all actions that happen during the opposing turn will not have reports displayed. (Implemented with 1.10)

You can turn off Enhanced Reporting to display them, but then you will see all the data, removing a lot of benefits of Fog Of War.
Send this user an email
02-28-2022, 01:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2022, 01:59 PM by Bioman.)
(02-28-2022, 10:15 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: It is working as intended. With enhanced FOW, all actions that happen during the opposing turn will not have reports displayed. (Implemented with 1.10)

You can turn off Enhanced Reporting to display them, but then you will see all the data, removing a lot of benefits of Fog Of War.

I understand the reason for knowing your enemies casualties but it makes no sense regarding your own casualties. Your own units would give you casualty reports. If that is the way you want to do it you should just get rid of the combat reports completely rather than only working half of the time.

This game has a lot of realism built in and that is great but I am afraid that playability is being sacrificed for realism.
02-28-2022, 02:10 PM,
Understood and it may be looked at in the future.
Send this user an email
02-28-2022, 11:30 PM,
Also, even with the radio, if it is working properly, odds are you wouldn't even have a casualty report right away like you get in these games. Sometimes, not until the attack is over.
03-01-2022, 07:48 AM,
I like not knowing the results. You can see your own by examining your units, of course, but the other side should be completely invisible with fog of war. Also, if the enemy is in an open hex, even with FOG, you can often see their strength I've found, which is also more realistic.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
03-01-2022, 11:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2022, 11:32 AM by 5 Leichte Div.)
My 2 Cents  RE: Combat results
Hello All Cybersoldiers !

Yeah, I'm in agreement with Scud about the Enhanced Fog of War.
The 'lack' of information is indeed what will happen in the present tense
of a firefight. You sometimes know but usually not until later will you
get all the reports in to verify with any certainty.

This - in comparison with the very revered and fun original CS is quite the
surprise. 

Other games may also be as uncertain in terms of hidden units with
the respective 'ambush' potential but they also may well display some casualty info
during a firefight. And - this is what we've become accustomed to. This also happens
in the similar scale of the WDS Panzer Battles - a game that I also like.

To their credit or maybe their fiendish delight - the CSV team has decided to
kicked it up a notch .  We now must be vigilant about the quantity of firing for a while
at targets and into an area - then make that 'educated' judgement.

Kids - have your band-aids and Tylenol handy.
Scotch, too !
And - pay attention, dude.

Bless your Hearts,
Tom S.