• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question about Cross Attacking in Panzer Campaigns
02-21-2022, 12:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2022, 12:45 AM by YasinAhmet.)
Help  Question about Cross Attacking in Panzer Campaigns
Hi! I want to ask a question about assaults, let me explain my question to you.

[Image: unknown.png]

There is two photos in the same position as you can see. If we regard that all the Russian battalions in both photos are in the same division, does that two Romanian battalions get disadvantage or something like that because of Russian cross-attacking? Is there a difference between the two photos like combat width or cross-attacking bonus on Russian side?

Ahmet
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2022, 02:33 AM,
RE: Question about Cross Attacking in Panzer Campaigns
(02-21-2022, 12:44 AM)YasinAhmet Wrote: Hi! I want to ask a question about assaults, let me explain my question to you.

There is two photos in the same position as you can see. If we regard that all the Russian battalions in both photos are in the same division, does that two Romanian battalions get disadvantage or something like that because of Russian cross-attacking? Is there a difference between the two photos like combat width or cross-attacking bonus on Russian side?

Ahmet
Assuming that the Russian units are all from the same division (that is, ignoring the obvious fact that they aren't, just for discussion purposes), I can say that the only advantage gained from attacking from both hexes is an improvement in the combat ratio, i.e. the odds.

The only other thing that might affect it, but you didn't mention is, would be if one of those attacking stacks were not crossing the stream. Were that the case, then there would be a non-odds-based benefit, that being that the stream would be negated.
02-21-2022, 08:39 AM,
(02-21-2022, 02:33 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 12:44 AM)YasinAhmet Wrote: Hi! I want to ask a question about assaults, let me explain my question to you.

Ahmet
Assuming that the Russian units are all from the same division (that is, ignoring the obvious fact that they aren't, just for discussion purposes), I can say that the only advantage gained from attacking from both hexes is an improvement in the combat ratio, i.e. the odds.

The only other thing that might affect it, but you didn't mention is, would be if one of those attacking stacks were not crossing the stream. Were that the case, then there would be a non-odds-based benefit, that being that the stream would be negated.

Yes, but streams do not alter the assault calculation in any way as there is no hexside combat modifier associated with them.

John
02-21-2022, 08:58 AM,
(02-21-2022, 08:39 AM)Green Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 02:33 AM)Liebchen Wrote:

Ahmet

Yes, but streams do not alter the assault calculation in any way as there is no hexside combat modifier associated with them.

John

D'oh! Good point!
02-21-2022, 10:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2022, 10:59 PM by YasinAhmet.)
(02-21-2022, 02:33 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Assuming that the Russian units are all from the same division (that is, ignoring the obvious fact that they aren't, just for discussion purposes), I can say that the only advantage gained from attacking from both hexes is an improvement in the combat ratio, i.e. the odds.

What about the odds? Is there a percent or number about the improvement?
02-22-2022, 01:15 AM,
(02-21-2022, 10:58 PM)YasinAhmet Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 02:33 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Assuming that the Russian units are all from the same division (that is, ignoring the obvious fact that they aren't, just for discussion purposes), I can say that the only advantage gained from attacking from both hexes is an improvement in the combat ratio, i.e. the odds.

What about the odds? Is there a percent or number about the improvement?

There is no bonus for attacking from more than one hex, if that is what you're asking.