• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Game problems
02-14-2022, 08:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2022, 08:25 AM by Bioman.)
Game problems
In 2 different boot camp scenarios the program has refused to do the requested option. In Boot Camp 2 I could not select a target for my airstrike. Saving the turn and trying to do it again after reload made no difference. I finally had to restart the scenario. It worked just fine during the restart.
In Boot Camp 3 after loading a platoon onto a helicopter it would not lift off the ground even though it had 65 action points available. It said that there were insufficient action points available. All other times it worked fine. I had to advance the turn to get the helicopter to take off.
Also in Boot Camp 3 I was penalized for not having 'A' Company units within one kilometer of each other even though they were all within 2 hexes(500 meters) of each other.
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2022, 01:02 PM,
RE: Game problems
Did you have airstrikes available? You may have had airstrikes in the pool, but if there were still 0 Air Support available, you wouldn't be able to call in an airstrike. Otherwise, without seeing the situation, it is difficult to determine what was wrong. 

If the infantry platoon that was loaded was out of action points, it won't lift off, even if the helicopter has sufficient points. 

Did you remember to bring your leader for A Company? If the leader was absent, that is probably why it was flagged.
Send this user an email
02-14-2022, 01:53 PM,
(02-14-2022, 01:02 PM)Jason Petho Wrote: Did you have airstrikes available? You may have had airstrikes in the pool, but if there were still 0 Air Support available, you wouldn't be able to call in an airstrike. Otherwise, without seeing the situation, it is difficult to determine what was wrong. 

If the infantry platoon that was loaded was out of action points, it won't lift off, even if the helicopter has sufficient points. 

Did you remember to bring your leader for A Company? If the leader was absent, that is probably why it was flagged.

If the infantry is already loaded on the helo why does it need action points to move? The helo does the moving and the infantry unit just sits there and should not need any action points.

I am not sure now if air strikes were available.
02-14-2022, 02:18 PM,
(02-14-2022, 01:53 PM)Bioman Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 01:02 PM)Jason Petho Wrote: Did you have airstrikes available? You may have had airstrikes in the pool, but if there were still 0 Air Support available, you wouldn't be able to call in an airstrike. Otherwise, without seeing the situation, it is difficult to determine what was wrong. 

If the infantry is already loaded on the helo why does it need action points to move? The helo does the moving and the infantry unit just sits there and should not need any action points.

I am not sure now if air strikes were available.

One of those nuances necessary for moving between the different flight zones.
Send this user an email